A way of getting extra speed out of your GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste_167

Website
Visit site
I was having problems with the 156Mhz version of Snesemu - and the posts about cooling got me thinking...

I put my GP32 in a watertight bag and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes. When I took it out it even ran at 166Mhz for 2 mins.

I'm going to give it a try in the freezer now that I am getting brave...

i can´t explain in english that in english (i´m german) but i think this will kill your gp32... (kondenswasser <- whats this in english?)

I am very surprised the LCD did not die :eek:.

Cold and LCD's have never got along very well. Most of the other bits I would have thought where fairly hardy to about 0 or -2.

You have my sympathy though. A brave (if daft) experiment however breaking you GP must bite :(.

Why oh why mine runs at 166 if it didnt i wouldent try as for the frezzer oh dear i do feel sorry for you old chap :( but as if you were going to keep it in there every night so you could run 166 in the day ;)

You're right: I hadvisions of putting my GP in the fridge & the batteries in the recharger overnight ready for a the next day.

My GP32 is out in the sun at the moment so I'm hoping it will dry out and be OK - I'm going to give it 10 seconds in the microwave if the sun doesn't work.

ste_167 posted on Sep 5 2003 at 10:00 AM said:
I'm going to give it 10 seconds in the microwave if the sun doesn't work.
DON'T :lol: Sparks, flashes and a bust GP32 is a guarantee ;).

Not a good idea. Saying that I once slow roasted my Palm3c after condensation got into the LCD. Worked a treat. 15mins @ the lowest oven setting and the Palm still works today (2 years later).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your advice -I'm going to use the oven instead like DJWillis did.

Gas Mark 7 for 10mins should do it. Thanks again.

...I once had an interview for a job and was running late. My socks were still wet so I put them under the grill, medium heat, for about 5 minutes. In the interview, the woman asked me if I'd just had bacon for breakfast as she could still smell it.

...I didn't get the job.

I wish I had :(

The screen's gone all wrong - the entire top half doesn't work and the bottom half is all patchy and the grey edge bit has melted onto it.

Looks like a new GP is required... :(

My poor Hammy's gone and got himself all wet - 20 seconds or so in the microwave should soon dry the little fella out...

Or - MAYBE NOT... It's not advisable to put ANYTHING that isn't either food or drink in the microwave. They COOK for a reason, not just heat.

And yes, putting something electrical in the freezer is a good idea, especially when all those little frozen water-droplets thaw and fry the insides - Still, in theory it was rather a good idea.

I wonder if there's room in the unit to put a heat-sink? (Unless it's already got one - Haven't looked inside mine... Don't really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back