A Word Of Advice, About People Thinking Of Bying The Wiz Near The Bene

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Okay i had enough of it, and i will warn other people from the Benelux, thinking of buying a wiz from www.gpark.nl (the dutch site / community currently owned by RX-Shorty). Do not order it there !!!

I ordered my WIZ last year around august using paypal, so i have proof the order in the paypal history thing. At that time the page was still displaying they we're in stock, however he didn't had any anymore so i had to wait, and wait and wait. I mailed him a couple of times and he claimed everything would come in order, anyway we are almost a year further now and i still haven't seen my wiz nor my money back. I asked him around Christmas for a full refund and he acknowledged the fact that things had gone wrong with the order in an email and that he would pay me back at the beginning of the new year, however i still haven't gotten it back and lately he doesn't answer any of my emails anymore so i think i might have lost my money / wiz. I do not want this to happen to other guys, so be warned! I'm still thinking of what my options are like writing a letter to the "ombudsman" and/or paypal and explain the situation. I think i still have most of the e-mails i send to and received from him, so i might have a valid case, i just wish it doesn't need to come that far and that posting my problems with this "re-distributor" here might wake him up, since i'm fed up with mailing him and not getting any answers.

RX_Shorty would contact me on IM from time to time, to ask about Wiz type things. I think sometime last year I havnt seen or heard from him. Looks like his forum activity stopped around the same time. It begs the question is he avoiding people?
My guess is maybe something financially occurred, but whatever the problems are it doesnt excuse stealing from customers. I also find it troubling the shop site is still up like nothing has happened, although the news postings and everything else doesn't appear to have been touched.

Until he can answer and make right with any customers I wouldn't recommend anyone to order from there as you may not get anything in return.

joyrider said:
Okay i had enough of it, and i will warn other people from the Benelux, thinking of buying a wiz from www.gpark.nl (the dutch site / community currently owned by RX-Shorty). Do not order it there !!!

I ordered my WIZ last year around august using paypal, so i have proof the order in the paypal history thing. At that time the page was still displaying they we're in stock, however he didn't had any anymore so i had to wait, and wait and wait. I mailed him a couple of times and he claimed everything would come in order, anyway we are almost a year further now and i still haven't seen my wiz nor my money back. I asked him around Christmas for a full refund and he acknowledged the fact that things had gone wrong with the order in an email and that he would pay me back at the beginning of the new year, however i still haven't gotten it back and lately he doesn't answer any of my emails anymore so i think i might have lost my money / wiz. I do not want this to happen to other guys, so be warned! I'm still thinking of what my options are like writing a letter to the "ombudsman" and/or paypal and explain the situation. I think i still have most of the e-mails i send to and received from him, so i might have a valid case, i just wish it doesn't need to come that far and that posting my problems with this "re-distributor" here might wake him up, since i'm fed up with mailing him and not getting any answers.

Hi Joyrider

The chances are you are not going to get your Wiz if the order hasnt been managed to be sorted out in 7 months, so if I were you contact Paypal straight away. Now dont quote me on this but I have a feeling that Paypal covers people like yourself for this sort of situation. Whatever the case though dont leave it any longer because if this company isnt even responding to your emails then thats a really bad sign. In my experience over the last 10 years of dealing with businesses who are either not paying or even refusing to talk to my company about oustanding invoices then its a sure sign that they have no money and are about to go bust.

On a positive note, if you do manage to get your money back and you want still want a Wiz I sugggest you go to gbax.com and buy one from them. Cant recommend that place highly enough! Also always pay for stuff using a credit card if you can. You are automatically covered for more or less any eventuality if you do.

Hope this helps.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think PayPal will help just "anyone".
I'm sure I am correct in saying this: They will only support "buyer protection" if the item has been purchased on eBay.
PayPal is an eBay company.

File a complaint with PayPal, I did after the site I ordered from didn't send me my Wiz and I got all of my money back. It took about 2 weeks. This works even if it wasn't bought through eBay.

Well, as far as I know he had a problem with taxes accidentally subtracted from his bank account twice, so he couldn't even pay up the last WIZ order completely I sent him (yep, he got the WIZs from me). Since then he didn't get any more from me.... that was last year in August / September, AFAIR.
He told me he wanted to pay when he'll get it back (which, according to him, should be the beginning of this year).

I tried to contact him a few weeks ago asking about my money (it's a bigger amount) and didn't get an answer yet.

If anyone could get hold of him, that would be great.

:eek: A whole bunch of Wizs unpaid for.

He's bound to surface sometime. What use would a free lot of Wizs be to him if he didn't sell them?

PS: What's the plural of Wiz? Wizs sounds weird, and Wiz's is just ignorant. 

If someone does get hold of the rascal I hope its by something very painful. If you do get your money back I really hope this horrible shitbag doesn't put you off purchasing one from a reputable source, the wiz is a lovely little machine. Sounds like the geezer deserves a swift and hefty steel tipped Doc Martins in the crotch. I know what it's like, my dad nearly got stung by a rogue company selling computers last year, it was a massive pain in the a-hole to get the whole thing sorted out. We did, and eventually we got the goods, but someone should be made to pay for the upset caused. I don't believe in mumbo jumbo but I'm putting a voodo hex on him and beaming bad mo-jo vibes as I type just in case. :angry:

Hello joyrider,

I'm global moderator on GP2X.info, which is the Dutch forum for the GP2X and also used as forum for GPark.
He hasn't been online on the forums since February 22, 2010, 07:33:12 PM so I have no idea what's going on myself.
Now I could give you his personal email by PM if you want and I could also try to get in touch with him if you have no luck with contacting him.

Let me know.

Kind regards,

KillerStefan

TitanUranus said:
If someone does get hold of the rascal I hope its by something very painful. If you do get your money back I really hope this horrible shitbag doesn't put you off purchasing one from a reputable source, the wiz is a lovely little machine. Sounds like the geezer deserves a swift and hefty steel tipped Doc Martins in the crotch. I know what it's like, my dad nearly got stung by a rogue company selling computers last year, it was a massive pain in the a-hole to get the whole thing sorted out. We did, and eventually we got the goods, but someone should be made to pay for the upset caused. I don't believe in mumbo jumbo but I'm putting a voodo hex on him and beaming bad mo-jo vibes as I type just in case. :angry:
Great how people always assume bad intent. I ordered my gp2x F100 from the same store, and that went without a hitch, but it was managed by a different person back then. So the store wasn't setup as a false front. As rx_shorty was always very interested in everything surrounding gp2x/wiz/Linux and open handhelds on the forums. And I think he was the only one with an openmoko on the gpark.nl forums. So I currently assume something bad happened (he wouldn't be the first to disappear from the internet)

Last edited by a moderator:
He owes people goods. He's not updated his website to reflect the current status of his business. He's not contacted those he owes money/goods to offering any kind of explanation. He seems to have dissapeared without trace. Taking this into account, I have come to the conclusion he's a selfish, pilfering prick. Only way I'll change my mind is if he explains his dilema and attempts to put things right. The gamepark scene depends on people of good will and good intention, when someone uses it simply as an opportunity to satiate their greed, then bails out when they hit trouble we all suffer and the whole scene is weakened. There's still time for this guy to redeem himself by having the balls to face the problems he's created and try to put them right rather than running away like a sniffling coward. In fact, he'd gain a lot of respect and probably sympathy if he did show up and try to help those who purchased from him recover their money.

Daid said:
You assume he disappeared without a trace because he wanted to.

I currently assume he disappeared without a trace because he died.

Well, of course, that might be (don't hope that!), however, what's a bit weird is:
I did send my last eMail to him asking if he already got that VAT money back and can finally pay me the rest of the WIZ (as said, it's still over 1000 EUR he's owing me) on February 17th. Never received a reply and since four days later he's been missing.

He always was a nice chap, tried to help him whereever I could (heck, what shop does agree to wait half a year for over 1000 EUR until he got the money?), so I'm not assuming anything bad, just like to try to find out what's wrong.

Last edited:
Contact the Dutch police, they can help with situations like this .. especially if the guy died, its sort of important to his estate. He may have a family.

i still expect that he is alive (and hope), his inactivity stopped at different points in time at different locations. Also wouldnt the store page and forums go down as there would be no one paying the bill? That's one of the odd things about this, if he cant pay his debts how is the page still up.

I don't think it's likely he's dead (yet), unless he really ripped off the wrong people or something. Besides, what kind of business was he running, where there was no one left to settle his affairs in the unlikely event he popped his cloggs? I'm fairly certain there's rules and regulations that generally prevent that kind of thing from happening. Perhaps he and everyone he knew were all abducted by aliens... then again, a more probable solution to the puzzle is that he ran himself up some major debts and scarpered whilst thinking "bollocks to everyone else".

I bought my wizz there. no problems (around july), he even sent me an sticker (Chrome Wiz bling bling stickerset) for the wiz for free in oktober.

January 28, 2010, was the last message i got from him about a GP2X question.
Replyd him, but no awnser anymore.

Weird.........Does anyone know where he lived (place only, not the complete adres)

If someone had a return address from one of his packages, or if his address is listed on his site, you could send him certified mail. This way you get notification when the mail gets to him. Also, you can pay for web hosting years in advance. If he did pass away, the site could be around for quite a while after.

Back