About Amiga Software...

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I'm the lucky owner of a Minimig :)

As I am new to the Amiga, I don't know yet which pieces of software are worth a try...

I'm mostly interested in applications for viewing pictures, playing chip music, and coding.

Which ones do you advise me to use for that purpose ?

My hardware is as follows:

m68k @ 7,09MHz, OC possible @ 28MHZ
4MB RAM
AmigaOS 3.1

Bye, and thanks for your suggestions !

Magic Sam

WizKid on the Amiga is one of my favourite games ever. I know it's not an application, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Oh wow, you've got a minimig! gratz!

Since I wasn't ever a proper amiga user, I don't have much software recommendations. PD soft bunch is worth wading through, there was atleast a good moria implementation.

How do you like the fpga version of amiga so far? Similar in all respects? (like it should be) How much was it?

Damn, I think having the opportunity to run through the amiga catalog should be pretty much fun.

Hi,

Slightly off-topic but, do you know how to mount *.hdf files with e-uae under Linux ?

I've modified .uaerc with the following:

Code:
hardfile=rw,63,4,2,512,/media/minimig/hardfile.hdf
(this hard drive works in my Minimig, and AOS 3.1 is installed on it)

But e-uae complains about this:

Code:
Mounting uaehf.device 0 (0):
FS: mounted HDF unit DH0 (0000-04e20000, /media/minimig/hardfile.hdf)
RDB: no filesystem for dostype 0x5244534B

The Minimig lacking a network connection, I don't know how I am going to do to add stuff to AOS 3.1, if mounting hardfiles under Linux doesn't work...

Bye, Magic Sam

ProTracker & OctaMED are great tracker programs for creating mod tunes (& playing/ rearranging them).

A great PD game is Drip - seriously addictive and I think was available on the first Assassins PD Disk.

For Art, Deluxe Art was incredibly flexible for it's time (and it's sequels). Enjoy the Miggie Scene :)

Nova said:
WizKid on the Amiga is one of my favourite games ever. I know it's not an application, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Agreed. I wish people still made such surreal commercial games.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Nova said:

Agreed. I wish people still made such surreal commercial games.

The awesome thing about it is that some of the puzzles required some major guesswork. I guess programmers today don't want to leave so much to the imagination anymore.

p.s. Port Wizzley to Android, pretty please (semi related because it's clearly a game that should have existed on the Amiga)

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

Slightly off-topic but, do you know how to mount *.hdf files with e-uae under Linux ?

I've modified .uaerc with the following:

Code:
hardfile=rw,63,4,2,512,/media/minimig/hardfile.hdf
(this hard drive works in my Minimig, and AOS 3.1 is installed on it)

But e-uae complains about this:

Code:
Mounting uaehf.device 0 (0):
FS: mounted HDF unit DH0 (0000-04e20000, /media/minimig/hardfile.hdf)
RDB: no filesystem for dostype 0x5244534B

The Minimig lacking a network connection, I don't know how I am going to do to add stuff to AOS 3.1, if mounting hardfiles under Linux doesn't work...

Bye, Magic Sam
You could use many blank adfs and compression I guess...

Back