About The Batch Of 1000 That Started In Texas.

Phawx

Professional Derailer
What was the ETA for them finishing up?

Just like to get an idea of how many they can actually crank out.

Phawx said:

They are probably already finished. Let's just hope these cases arrive today.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
It looks like they will arrive today. Cool.

If weston gives the green light, are you guys still only going to try for 1000 orders, or push for 4000?

craigix said:
Phawx said:

How do they do them so fast? It's just incredible. I wanna see a computer board production video (in general, not the pandora boards). Do we have something on youtube?

Vitel said:
craigix said:
Phawx said:

How do they do them so fast? It's just incredible. I wanna see a computer board production video (in general, not the pandora boards). Do we have something on youtube?

How do they do them so fast? I imagine it's something like this:

manufacturedlandscapes1.jpg

:D

craigix said:
Phawx said:

Given the title, I thought that he wanted to know when the complete unit would be shipped from TX. So with that said, it was my understanding that they would be mailed out as they get done. (Of course, the post will most likely only go once a day) Also, keep in mind that although we hear alot about how ready they are for assembly, this will be the time for them to refine the process before they get a steady flow of parts. So it may start at 100 per day, and ramp up to 150 per day. I don't recall seeing exact numbers. Oh well, back to lurking... :ph34r:

Dremmah
P.S- No sources linked. You may as well be asking for facts. :blink:

Butterman said:
How do they do them so fast? I imagine it's something like this:

[Pic]

:D

See, I knew there were Oompa Loompas involved.

matzesu said:
WTF is a ETA?, I only know the ETA, the Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, Basque Homeland and Freedom (My link :unsure:
Estimated time of arrival.

Edit: ninja'd.

I don’t understand the case production. If you order 10,000 cases I would think that they make 10,000 pieces of just one part of the case then make 10,000 pieces for the next part of the case ect. Do they just make 1,000 pieces and then switch to a different mould for a different piece. If that is the case then we would get it in increments of 1000 and never a number in-between. Or do they run all the molds in parallel and there is a chance we get a odd number like 754 complete cases with possible partly completed cases?

aaronson911 said:
I don’t understand the case production. If you order 10,000 cases I would think that they make 10,000 pieces of just one part of the case then make 10,000 pieces for the next part of the case ect. Do they just make 1,000 pieces and then switch to a different mould for a different piece. If that is the case then we would get it in increments of 1000 and never a number in-between. Or do they run all the molds in parallel and there is a chance we get a odd number like 754 complete cases with possible partly completed cases?
Where I worked, we had 12 machines in different sizes for different purposes. The larger ones were around 8 metres long and the samller ones 2-3 metres. The machines required for the Pandora cases are really small and I suppose that the factory has several of those. So they could run in parallel. Changing the mould takes time. I wouldn't wonder if the smaller parts are already finished, provided the moulds didn't need refinement.

I've F5'd more this week than I've ever F5'd before.

Vitel said:

This was the best pick and place video I could find
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NamGXOgb5s

and some idea of the speed...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJUNLLb8V8

The machine I worked with 10 years ago had two vaccum pickup heads which loaded up with components in turn, checked the positioning of the components, and then spat them out onto the board - one loading up whilst the other was placing. The machine covers maybe 2m x 1.5m, and has feeders for 200 different types of component. Placement adds maybe $0.005 to the per component cost, time is money.

Back