Ac Adaptors

CloudStrife

Still Fresh
Hey, I've been watching this forum almost daily, and finally decided on getting a GP2X (Just waiting on my next pay check) but the problem I have run into, is that the GP2X's official AC Adaptor uses European outlets, and I know you can buy the step up convertor for the plug so it can work in the US outlets, but I just don't feel safe doing that. I was wondering if any US GP2X users here can tell me what they use, could I go out and buy a Radioshack AC Adaptor with the fitting for a GP2X and that would work fine, or it wouldn't be safe doing that?

A universal AC adapter at radioshack would be just fine, just make sure its at least 1000 ma , and that it has 3 Volts

as for the converter, it really just converts the plug itself, not the voltage ;) so it shouldn't be dangerous, and it's the official AC Adapter so it was made for your unit. However like I said before the universal 1s work great too provided that you get the right 1 (3V and 1000 ma or better)

I heard 2000 ma is how much the official one has.

I use the official adapter. The cord that you plug into the wall disconnects from the AC-DC converter. the AC-DC converter has a standard connector (although not sure what type it is called). I don't have my camera with me today so I can't take a photo of mine, but i've found a pic that shows what i'm talking about.

http://www.pc-partners.net/ACADAPTER/LITEON_6.3_TEXT_SM.jpg

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ADAPTER FOR THE GP2X)

Basically if you can find a cord that has this connector, it will work just fine. This way you don't have to worry about non-compatible adapters or makeshift converters for a north american outlet

I got that cord from radio Shack for $6, I first tried buying the outlet convertor, but they only had a set of four different convertors together (which was priced rediculously high, $19 for a piece of metal and plastic that han no circuits in it is so silly) so the right choice was the cord.

Just get one of those multivoltage AC adaptors from Radioshack and a size A adaptaplug, and switch it onto 3 volt mode.

Back