Gpx2 Won't Run On Batteries.

LordDavon > Have you photos of your "work" ? I'm french, and my english is bad. You pushed positive connector with a screwdriver ? A photo would be good. Thanks

Hmm, I may have found the answer to the problem, when I push on the right side of the top battery while its turning on, it boots :)

nihonsx5 posted on Dec 21 2005 at 03:26 PM said:
LordDavon > Have you photos of your "work" ? I'm french, and my english is bad. You pushed positive connector with a screwdriver ? A photo would be good. Thanks

All I did was take a small screwdriver and wedge it between the plastic and the metal connector. Once the screwdrive was inserted as far as a the center, I pushed. It did not move the center out, instead it bent the whole connector, just a little, like a U.

I can't seem to find a place to upload the photos here, but I did send one to someone here. If you want to put them up for me, just email me at davsolomon@gmail.com.

I have another GP2X arriving today and I will check the connection on that one as well.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
i am having the exact same problem. it won't power on past a white screen with lines with batteries. i bought a power adapter and a 3v setting won't get it going, but a 4.5v will. it's only a 800 mah adapter though.

and how would i go about buffing the connecters? if that is a possible solution.

I just receied my second GP2X from Dynamism today and this was one of the newer units; the ones that do have the "clouded" LEDs and don't read "first edition". It does not have the inverted connection on it and the battery connections look fine.

I have taken pictures of the older units connector and the modification, so if someone knows an image hosting site I will upload them.

David

LordDavon posted on Dec 23 2005 at 01:26 PM said:
I just receied my second GP2X from Dynamism today and this was one of the newer units; the ones that do have the "clouded" LEDs and don't read "first edition". It does not have the inverted connection on it and the battery connections look fine.

I have taken pictures of the older units connector and the modification, so if someone knows an image hosting site I will upload them.

David
image shack
photobucket

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 23 2005 at 06:29 PM said:
LordDavon posted on Dec 23 2005 at 01:26 PM said:

David
image shack
photobucket

I apologize for the quality, but my cell phone doesn't have the worlds greatest camera.

Inverted:

[img=http://www.logmonster.com/images/thumb/inverted_1135315916-1-2786.jpg]

Fixed:

[img=http://www.logmonster.com/images/thumb/fixed_1135273616-1-2787.jpg]

Back