Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe as an SDIO card or USB dongle sold seperately

• No way... I'd rather have a dvorak keyboard ^^

• I don't care. Just wanna see the result

• Total voters

Well, i've play with a homebrew motion (Whee2) on DS and i can tell you is very great !
But add it is a little difficult at the end of conception :(

Sorry i know the project Pandora only for some days , and i think it is too late to add it :rolleyes:

I'd sooner ask for bluetooth so I can connect it to my phone and have internet access anywhere. Or decent quality tv out. or even a webcam I'd probably use more. Stick it above one of the speakers and make it so you can flip it round and face out for photo's too. Oh and a flash above the speaker on the other side for indoor photo's..... :rolleyes:

But the pandora already has an incredible variety of features. I think they should finish it and leave all the less popular/usefull ideas for the Mk-II model. Too many features just means more risk of delays and problems. One step at a time.

Zarneth said:
I'd sooner ask for bluetooth so I can connect it to my phone and have internet access anywhere. Or decent quality tv out. or even a webcam I'd probably use more. Stick it above one of the speakers and make it so you can flip it round and face out for photo's too. Oh and a flash above the speaker on the other side for indoor photo's..... :rolleyes:

But the pandora already has an incredible variety of features. I think they should finish it and leave all the less popular/usefull ideas for the Mk-II model. Too many features just means more risk of delays and problems. One step at a time.
Yes you are right , Pandora has a lot of features
For Pandora II soo :)

or if we can make an external Pandora-Motion like DS-Motion :wub: or PSP-motion

Last edited by a moderator:
Zarneth said:
Then you are looking to use the Pandora for the wrong reasons. The Pandora exists primarily for gaming, secondly for PC-like functionality. The webcam, bluetooth, and webcam functionalities are not priorities in either of those.

atomicthumbs said:
Learn to solder and write drivers for an i2c accelerometer if you want one.
Why bother? USB versions already exist.

Squidge said:
atomicthumbs said:
Learn to solder and write drivers for an i2c accelerometer if you want one.

Because that would take a valuable USB port or require installation of a hub.

atomicthumbs said:
Squidge said:
Because that would take a valuable USB port or require installation of a hub.

I guess that's just something that the people who really want an accelerometer will have to deal with. All three of them.

An accelerometer is one of the many suggestions that might sound fun, but is not really useful for much. Even if the hardware devs spent the time and money putting one in, and the software devs bothered writing programs that used it, how much actual use would you get out of it? MacBooks have accelerometers, and from what I understand the only uses for them anybody can come up with is a theft alarm and a method for switching windows by smacking the laptop.

An accelerometer is just a gimmick in a handheld like Pandora. You might use it a few times just to play with it, but it does not serve any real purpose.

Chip said:
An accelerometer is just a gimmick in a handheld like Pandora. You might use it a few times just to play with it, but it does not serve any real purpose.
Please input your precise location with decisecond-lat-long accuracy so we can track your position with the accelerator. Thank you for using UselessMaps 1.0.

You could make your pinball game tilt or a very interesting version of marble madness. No wiimote but then I really don't give a shit and will probably code for whatever they tack on there. More is more. Could lead to liability issues, have to add a lanyard and get sued by people chucking it through their windows or striking someone mortally.

atomicthumbs said:
Chip said:
Please input your precise location with decisecond-lat-long accuracy so we can track your position with the accelerator. Thank you for using UselessMaps 1.0.

That might work. For a few minutes... :unsure:

OrR said:
atomicthumbs said:
Chip said:

That might work. For a few minutes... :unsure:

There is a reason that commercial GPS units actually use GPS satellites. An accelerometer can track your movements decently, but there is some margin of error. This error compounds over time, making it's data completely worthless very quickly.

I'd like motion detection so that I can morph the UI depending on orientation (like wot the iPhone does). However, without a reversible hinge :( I probably won't use it in portrait mode very much...

But, I'm with the "if you want it add it yourself" crowd - at least for MkI. When MkII comes out and they're all so rich they can acquire patent rights for the reversible hinge then they can add it then. Fair enough? ;-)

I think that this would be a great idea for a future version of Pandora. Add this wih tablet mode and you could play iPhone type games with a huge screen. These types of games will be very popular here in the near future and would be fun to tinker with while developing.

if we get an accelerometer's we can emulate the iphone.

Although if it adds a month onto the dev cycle its not worth it

Would be funny if there is a program that quickly indicates, when the Pandora is falling down. If the accelerometer detects it and the unit is on, ther could be a sound like "aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!" :lol:

TheLonelyGod said:
if we get an accelerometer's we can emulate the iphone.

Although if it adds a month onto the dev cycle its not worth it

Why would we want to emulate the iphone?

If I'm not mistaken you'd also need a multi touch sensitive screen for that too. Something we don't have and is likely patented dispite being nothing particularly unique or inventive. (Just something no one saw the need to implement untill now)

Zarneth said:
Why would we want to emulate the iphone?

If I'm not mistaken you'd also need a multi touch sensitive screen for that too. Something we don't have and is likely patented dispite being nothing particularly unique or inventive. (Just something no one saw the need to implement untill now)
We wouldn't want to emulate the Iphone. There really aren't any compelling applications for it that don't require thr multi-touch interface, and only one or two apps that use the accelerometer (neither of which are compelling).

As for multi-touch, it's not just patented, it's impossible without the right hardware. You need the right type of touchscreen to register multiple points of contact. Pandora won't have it.

Back