Additional Questions & Suggestions to help generate more pre orders.

Here we go:

The DragonBox Pyra - a hackable secure pocket handheld cellular game laptop, made in fairness, for and by the community.

The Pyra is the vastly improved successor of the OpenPandora.
Way faster, bigger screen, backlit keyboard.

There is even a mobile edition that makes it a phone.

Laptops are computers you can bring with you, the Pyra is a computer you can bring along to what you are doing.

Modular user replacable mainboard, displayboard and CPU-board.
Dont throw your device away every few years - update it with a new CPU board or improved display when it becomes available. In the long run that means less strain on your wallet and the environment.

More information about the Pyra can be found on the official homepage.
This is the official preorder of the DragonBox Pyra.
Please read carefully before placing your preorder.

* The payment for the preorder is a DOWNPAYMENT! The final payment will NOT be necessary before the device is ready to be shipped. If you'd like to pay more upfront, please add a shop voucher to your order which you can then use when the final payment is needed. The downpayment as well as the vouchers are WITHOUT VAT.

* We cannot say for sure when the delivery will happen. In case any issues occur, we’d rather fix them than rush things out. Dilivery is projected to take place within the year.

* Be aware that there is ALWAYS a certain risk crowdfunding preorder projects. We already have working prototypes, so it's unlikely the project will fail, especially as we already have enough preorders to ensure that production will go ahead, the risk is considerably lower, but I just wanted to point that out.

* If you have further questions not answered in the Preorder FAQ, direct them at the english boards or visit the official website. Or, of course, you can ask us here at the shop.

* If we are in the position to offer different case colours to choose from you’ll be able to select the colour you want with the final order.

*I want to personally thank you for your support with your preorder. I and the team have invested A LOT of time into the Pyra. Your support will help us to bring the Pyra to life!

Versions and final prices of the Pyra:
ALL versions have the same technical specs like CPU, LCD, storage, WLAN, etc. You can check the specs at the product page and on the official Pyra website.

The Mobile Edition adds mobile internet (3G/4G), as well as additional sensors (GPS, Altometer, Hygrometer, Barometer, Compass).

There are 2 versions of the Pyra Mobile edition, one supporting the US-Frequencies and one supporting the EU (and mostly worldwide) frequencies.

* Pyra Standard Edition, 2GB RAM: 500 EUR without VAT (=595 EUR incl. VAT)

* Pyra Standard Edition, 4GB RAM: 529,41 EUR without VAT (=630 EUR incl. VAT)

* Pyra Mobile Edition, 2GB RAM: 600 EUR without VAT (=714 EUR incl. VAT)

* Pyra Mobile Edition, 4GB RAM: 626,05 EUR without VAT (=745 EUR incl. VAT)

If you buy 2 or more Pyras, you will receive a 5% discount for the final payment.

If you live within the EU, you have to pay the prices including VAT.
If you live outside the EU, you pay the prices without VAT, however, depending on the country you live in, you might be charged some import tax.

Please also consider the following :

• Adding project goals & a running total of the pre orders to date.

• Mentioning what the likely default colour of the Pyra will be if no choice is available.

• Making the web links clearly visible.

• Clearly stating if the price quoted includes delivery and what the delivery charge is likely to be (if applicable).

Crosspost
to PressKit intro

Last edited:
The US mobile version is a third of the EU, will the US version be made if there aren't enough orders or are they combined and it will be the same cost to make 70% EU and 30% US?

This is one thing that is holding me back, I live in the US but travel to South America and my unlocked US phone works there so I assume I will need the US version.

The US mobile version is a third of the EU, will the US version be made if there aren't enough orders or are they combined and it will be the same cost to make 70% EU and 30% US?

This is one thing that is holding me back, I live in the US but travel to South America and my unlocked US phone works there so I assume I will need the US version.
I can pretty much guarantee ED won't rip you off. If the US version doesn't get made I am sure he will offer a partial refund and a standard unit, or a full refund. If he can.

Code:
13:55:48| < FIQ> EvilDragon: are you worried about US LTE MOQ?
13:55:56| <@EvilDragon> FIQ, No, why?
13:56:08| < FIQ> EU should be possible to order at this point as-is since it's not too far from 500
13:56:10| < FIQ> but US...
13:56:28| <@EvilDragon> I have frame contracts.
13:56:30| < FIQ> EvilDragon: well it hasn't even reached 100 yet
13:56:47| <@EvilDragon> I don't need to reach the MOQ per batch, I need to reach them over a certain timeframe.
13:56:56| < FIQ> frame contract?
13:57:08| < FIQ> ah, timeframe contract I guess
13:57:13| <@EvilDragon> Yes. That's what you often do when running a mass production.
13:57:37| < FIQ> you need to get like 3k orders in total
13:57:38| <@EvilDragon> You plan to produce x devices within the time frame x.
13:57:40| < FIQ> for US LTE to add up
13:58:00| <@EvilDragon> So for example you plan 3000 units within 1 year.
13:58:24| <@EvilDragon> Then you place the order for the parts and request them when you need them.
13:58:51| <@EvilDragon> So you can produce batches of 500 without having to reach the MOQ for a certain part.

What carrier and phone do you currently use in the US that is also working for you on which carrier in South America? With that information, we could speculate on whether the planned US 4G module could/should work for your application.

What carrier and phone do you currently use in the US that is also working for you on which carrier in South America? With that information, we could speculate on whether the planned US 4G module could/should work for your application.
I have an AT&T phone but I use T-Mobile with it. It is unlocked as was my last one and I just put a sim card from a carrier in Brazil in my old one and it worked. I can't remember the carrier, I still have the sim for a keepsake so I'll find it and let you know.

I have an AT&T phone but I use T-Mobile with it. It is unlocked as was my last one and I just put a sim card from a carrier in Brazil in my old one and it worked. I can't remember the carrier, I still have the sim for a keepsake so I'll find it and let you know.
We'll also need the brand and model number of the phone in order to look up it's technical specifications.

-Neelix

Back