Adic Results!

Rattboi

Certified Guru
Yeah, I wish they were here

I don't mean to be a dick, but I was just trying to draw attention to the fact that ADIC was a month ago, and there's still not any results. It's annoying....

:lol: lol.. I totally forgot about the results... I want to see them too.
There are some really great programs/games that came out of ADIC '04
and I'm sure their dev'ers would like there prizes :ph34r: :rolleyes:

The Adic04 website is back up and running, now the bandwidth limit has been lifted due to a new month starting.
No real news on there though, except on the french forum, FXman seems to say he's still waiting for 2 judges (out of 4) to give their verdict.
Mmm,

Rico,

It's the only way to put it back where everyone's eyes will see it. Since I think it's kinda important, I would hope that as many people see it as possible :)

Yep, I want to know who the winners are, too!

Searched yesterday on google, but I just found the adic2004 site like it was when it started :(

Looks like Fx-man has given up his two unresponding judges, to go for a forum based voting to decide the Adic2004 winners.

See here:
http://www.yntoo.com/en/posts.php?s=57292

...and here to vote (french language only for now)
http://www.yntoo.com/en/posts.php?s=57261

I say: EEEeek, plenty of room for cheating!
Let's hope there will be some way to filter repetitive votes entered by fake or ultra-recent logins, so it stays reasonnably fair towards the developpers who worked hard on their respective projects.

Anyway, at least it should show some progress at last!
Oh... well, good luck to us all.
JBB

Let's hope there will be some way to filter repetitive votes entered by fake or ultra-recent logins, so it stays reasonnably fair towards the developpers who worked hard on their respective projects.

I'm also concerned about how they plan to tally the votes. If each game is given a mark out of 10, what happens if one game only recieves 2 votes and gets, say, a 7 and an 8 but another game gets 10 votes ranging from 8 to 1? Just because more people didn't like the second game doesn't mean the first one is actually better...maybe less people played it?

I can sympathise with their predicament but surely it would be much simpler to recruit two new judges?

Well, maybe I'm making something out of nothing. What does everyone else think?

Back