Adobe Flash

I wonder Adobe has developed a version of its flash player for x86 linux I wonder could I be recompiled for angstrom. I wonder could we do something with this http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10_1_rc5_linux_052010.tar.gz
Could we get it running somehow because html5 while it is superior it is incomplete and a long way away.

Even though now there a lot of websites in html5 there is no support for the h.264 codec on the OpenPandora. Even if flash runs like crap on the Openpandora it will still be a accomplishment to get it running.

The download you have linked to is a pre-made binary, which, as you yourself note, is for x86 Linux. Without source code, we cannot recompile this - Adobe does not make the source code available.

Prometheus said:
The download you have linked to is a pre-made binary, which, as you yourself note, is for x86 Linux. Without source code, we cannot recompile this - Adobe does not make the source code available.
Damn what about 3rd party players like gnash player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:

They may not make the source available but the specifications of SWF are fully available to allow players to be made. Spec is available here

I wonder could these be recompiled to run on Open Pandora because we need a Sollution no flash and no h.264 is bad. Also flash games would be fun.
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnash/0.8.7/

liquidphantom said:
Prometheus said:

They may not make the source available but the specifications of SWF are fully available to allow players to be made. Spec is available here
Gnash player is the best 3rd party player I found.

Fang64 said:
has anyone looked at the binary used for the N900 Flash support?
I don't think we could do anything with that how ever the specification for flash is open and there are 3rd party players like gnash.

liquidphantom said:
I know. I was just addressing the provided link. ;)

linuxftw said:
Damn what about 3rd party players like gnash player.
Gnash is possible. However, I would suggest trying it out with the things you want to use it for on a standard Linux machine (or with a LiveCD) first. :p

Don't ask me. I'm of the understanding that Nokia paid to have it developed for their hardware. :p I'd imagine that someone will try something, though.

Fang64 said:
So the N900 Flash binary which runs on the ARM would be a waste of time to investigate :p
Might be worth our time. Damn proprietary flash and h.264

Fang64 said:
I would suspect that the leg work done already may just appear once the Open Pandora releases.
Maybe happening may not be but making our own player or using one that exist like gnash would be the best solution.

There is a version for android we could always that running on the pandora sure a lot of apps in android wouldn't work and no multitouch but there is a version of flash for android IN BETA. There also is no portrait mode.

Can we have one of these Flash threads stickied please? There seem to be a lot of them at the moment.

SomeGuy99 said:
Can we have one of these Flash threads stickied please? There seem to be a lot of them at the moment.
That's why we need a solution.

The solution might be a stickied thread. I hate to tell you this, but everything that's been said in this thread, has been said an awful lot of times before. ;)

Try copying and pasting this into Google, you'll see. ;)

Code:
site:gp32x.de/board "pandora" "adobe flash"

Back