Aesthetic Appeal/Presentation...

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the current aesthetics of the Pandora haven't stopped sales already exceeding expectations.

I was a little bit underwhelmed when I first saw the first renders, and I haven't been able to generate much interest amongst me friends and colleagues who aren't that technologically minded, but the design is very usable, practical and hopefully robust.

I think once the first batch has been delivered, and the software has started to mature, a lot of people who weren't interested will see all the fun we're all having and think "Wow, I want a piece of that", regardless of whether they think the design is a bit utilitarian.

j.pickens said:
Its like running a Subaru Impreza WRX turbo wagon.
Nobody knows what you got at the traffic light, until you launch.

heh... I remember when those finally came to the US several years back. I had an older Subaru wagon at the time, and all the sudden I went from being ignored on the road to having teenagers trying to race me. :twisted:

Regarding the Pandora, I like how it looks. I don't need a big glowing apple on the back of my screen to make me feel cool. Because I already am. ^_^

I think I'll go 'custom' on mine.

One of these would be cool on the lid/ in back of the screen:

0904_pe_300x301.jpg

ROL10lg.jpg

Hey, If someone made a glitter sticker of the Pandora logo that would be cool too.

Years ago a friend and I were into custom cars. He had a massive collection of custom car magazine. One day, armed with his mags he asked what my perfect classic custom would be. I instantly pointed out a fairly plain looking orange Vauxhall Victor FD. It was tidied up from factory standard but did not look extraordinary. But inside, and under the hood...

Imagine at the lights when the punk along side you is sneering. Then the lights change. Who is smiling now?

You want flashy looks and bling. Or something a little more serious.

(Now a Victor has been called the fastest car in the world.)

Back