After upgrading to debian 11 Pyra does not boot

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
Hello,

There are a couple of DBPs I wanted to test but they require to run bullseye.

I upgraded using apt and now Pyra does not boot. It shows error:

ALERT! PARTUUID=da1d26a1-02 does not exist. Dropping to shell

Is there a way to fix this or the only option is to reflash?

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
No Idea how to fix that but I can confirm that bullseye normally just works, have been running it for more than a year. I think something else happened during the upgrade.

Check your /etc/fstab and compare the PARTUUID against the output of lsblk -o name,PARTUUID. Do they match ? (probably remove your SD cards so you know you're getting the eMMC device ids).

If they don't, you likely just have to update your /etc/fstab. Maybe the upgrade changed the internal storage's ID for some reason.

Reactions: rSl
Now I think about it, I did have issues with exFAT of NTFS in bullseye, but those were speed and autodiscovery of the SD card issues, going to ext4 solved that for me.

Call me lazy but I do not have time to debug this.

I just reflashed with bullseye.

@Bosbeetle I also got a problem with exfat. It does not mount the card automatically. Although I installed the exfat-fuse and exfat-utils.

I can manually mount the SD but automount does not work. I guess I will open another thread about this.

EDIT:
I found the solution. It seems to be a known problem in debian 11.

So if anyone is getting the unknown filesystem type 'exfat' error, just run:
sudo ln -s /usr/sbin/mount.exfat-fuse /sbin/mount.exfat

Last edited:
Call me lazy but I do not have time to debug this.

I just reflashed with bullseye.

@Bosbeetle I also got a problem with exfat. It does not mount the card automatically. Although I installed the exfat-fuse and exfat-utils.

I can manually mount the SD but automount does not work. I guess I will open another thread about this.

EDIT:
I found the solution. It seems to be a known problem in debian 11.

So if anyone is getting the unknown filesystem type 'exfat' error, just run:
sudo ln -s /usr/sbin/mount.exfat-fuse /sbin/mount.exfat
Nice thanks for this solution!

Back