Again On Cybiko: Rf Replacement And More

nihil-00

well.
it seems to me very interesting.

they could be used as a replacement for the rf thingie.
it's actually a matter of price.
rf from gp comes at 30 euros.
this stuff is nearly 7.50 euros on amazon (and you can find in stores, if you're in england or america, for even less).

che cybiko classic has a serial port; it could be used, indeed, as a rf replacement accessory.
writing an app for the cybiko that emulates the behaviour of the rf should'nt be hard;and however, it could be still possible to use it with own drivers;
it could also be used as a keyboard: the same discussion goes for this: even by emulating the chatboard behaviour (legacy issue), or with own drivers.
could be used even for different purposes: it could provide the gp32 with some informations it can't mantain after a reboot; for example, clock information.
it could provide the gp internet capabilities, with cywig (the stuff that lets you share the pc internet connection with as many cybikos in a 300 feets distance from the one attached to it).

those cybikos have a 11 mhz processor, overclockable with a mod to 22 mhz.
cybikos extreme have a 18 mhz processor, overclockable to 36;
still, these one, even if they have a igger keyboard, don't have the fundamental serial port; only usb for these.

finally, a cybiko can be used as a serial hd.
you can use the hardware addon to read the mp3s, and put within sd and mmc cards (i though i read somewhere that you can use up to 1 gig cards with this one, please let me know if i'm wrong): then, access it via a special software on the cybiko and another on the gp (eventually a driver you can inoculate into applications).

:)

and at last:
to gp32 devrs around there: share your code.
doing the opposite kills gp; the chance of modifying the software to implement new features not thought by the original developers is fundamental in a community, especially when you talk about handhelds; again, it helps people get better in coding, and in general, it's just ethically more correct (to me).

please, let me know if you think these ideas seem interesting.
i'm indeed planning on buying some cybikos, still i don't have so much experience in coding (just finished the first year of informatics engineering (IT) here in italy), but i'm planning to give it a go.
i would appreciate if some experienced developer gets into this, and eventually would be cool to work together.

That would be dudeishfull.

Me and my best mate both have cybikos and GPs

'Twould be extremely interesting if we could use Cybikos to provide the GP with a load of extra features. Very very interesting; I might have to fork out for one of the things if anything ever came of it...

I wonder what the frequency those things used was...? More importantly, the bandwidth - i.e. would we be able - theoretically - to do more with a modded Cybiko or an RF-Link? Multiplayer Doom, perhaps :) ?

9.9 usd at amazon.com.
9.9 usd are 8.2 euros :)
they're cheaper if you get to find them in a (non online) store.
10 gbp on the official cybiko.com retailer.

here they come (some specs)

communication features:

RF transceiver: RF2915:
Frequency: 902-928 MHz Number of channels: 30 digital channels Communication Rate: 19200 bps each channel Transmission and Receiving Range: 150 ft. indoors, 300 ft. outdoors (environment dependent) Max. online Cybiko units: 3000 (100 units on each of 30 channels)<--using cybiko's protocol
RS232 serial port (the classic)
usb (the extreme)

Back