Rf Module

Solomon no Kagi

Still Fresh
Hello!

I've finally convinced my girl to get a gp. Actually she's so addicted to Warios Woods by now it was hardly any work at all. So I'm planning to get RF units. I wonder what emulators support RF units, and most importantly, has there been any news about the next GPengine release that supposedly should include multiplayer support? Also any other games or other uses that you put your RF units to would be greatly appreciated information. Thanks alot to the more active posters for keeping this community alive and thus keeping me up to date, by the way!

Its difficult for most of us developers to properly create games and apps that use the RF because not many of us own two GP's (and all that goes with them) and two RF units. Thats a bit spendy. So most of us cannot make anything for RF.

I havent really heard mention of many things that support RF. I would assume the official gamepark fighting games would support this (I may be wrong) but thats about it as far as I can guess. Some indie's might have made some games or apps that use it but I have yet to hear of it. (besides the PCEngine emu)

I have some faint memory that the fMSX emu had at least a menu item for multiplayer. Can anyone confirm this? My GP is at the GF's house :). If it had, perhaps it was just in the menu and not functioning. Thanks.

Solomon no Kagi posted on Mar 28 2004 at 11:21 PM said:
Hello!

[...] Also any other games or other uses that you put your RF units to would be greatly appreciated information. [..]
Hey ;-)

This games/emu use black- rf lib.

GPEngine - by black-
GPJnB (Jump'n Bump) - by mr trans
GPAst - by giffel

:ph34r: Mr.TRaNS

... http://geneticnova.ath.cx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I've tried the following
fMsx:works but did not synchronize well when I tried it
GPEngine: 0.4 which was the only one I could find does not have multiplayer support
Gpjnb: Did not work for me at all

don't forget fSMS32!

And there IS a multiplayer version of GPEngine, it was played at the UK meet up supposedly. It has not yet been released though

GPengine 0.5 has multiplayer support, but was only released to people at the Brit meet-up, so is currently in private beta. Hopefully wont be long before a new version comes along...

GPAsteroids is great on RF :)

So you have the beta? Maybe you could *ahem* err... let a copy... "slip" out... through circumstances beyond your control of course :rolleyes:

Back