Ainol V2000

karmax75

Still Fresh
Ok, so I've been searching for the Holy Grail of PMP's which, in my opinion, must contain full-speed SNES emulation WITH Super-FX/SA-1 support, and I've come across what seems like a good competitor, however, I'd like to get some insight first. Has anyone here purchased one, seen one, or even heard of the Ainol (hehe, funny name) V2000? Here's a link to the specs. http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=V2000

Looks like any generic MP4/3 player. >500Mhz processor for that price?!! Suspect to me.

At present there are no controls for playing games apart from the 'upcoming controller'. I suggest you wait and see until this becomes available. There are so many PMP's out there with game capabilities, but for me you need a dedicated games player for the controls.

If you can wait, I reckon the 3X will likely meet all your needs whenever it (or whatever it will be called) is released. Otherwise, check out UMPC's which are more expensive obviously but have full speed SNES and N64, PSX etc emulation if you are interested!?

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a nice PMP, and a decent price too, but I would be sceptical over it's game playing abilities until at least the controller is released.

BTW the name made me laugh too :D

Yeah, I didn't jump the gun on purchasing it because I was waiting to see if they actually will make a game controller, and to see the compatibility. On the subject of UMPC's, I've been looking into them, but the reason I'm mainly going after PMP's is due to the price range.

How did they write the emus? Is there a known sdk for ADI Blackfin CPU?

Back