Beta Alarm Clock App

I updated with the latest Hotfix and now that problem I mentioned with the small window and such are gone.
The only thing I noticed is at times, it does not save when you enter the alarm. Seems an intermittent problem, at least for me.
Otherwise, it seems to be working ok.

David

Eisner said:
The only thing I noticed is at times, it does not save when you enter the alarm. Seems an intermittent problem, at least for me.
Is this still happening ?
Do you think it worth the file archive ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
sebt3 said:
@iprice:
that's fixed in hf4
Hm, really? I have hf4 and it doesn't keep very good time for me. Maybe it's because I sometimes shut off the system entirely and take the battery out?

Most likely taking out the battery is what is causing your lock to work incorrectly. Because the Pandora lacks a CMOS battery, the components that keep time rely an a small continuous charge from the main battery to work.

Okay, I ported flipclock to the Pandora .. and it looks great! Here is the (beta) PND for you to try out..

http://w1xer.at/pandora/flipclock.pnd

EDIT - Screenshot is here ..

Disclaimer: I may have left out some libraries, I don't have my "From-Factory Pandora" here to test this with, and my development Pandora (upon which I built this port) has had a lot of tweaks here and there with opkg .. so if it doesn't run for you, and you want to help me debug this port, please use "pnd_run flipclock.pnd" on the command line, make note of the missing libraries, and let me know so I can fix it ..

Anyway, hope it works! It sure does make the Pandora into a lovely clock! :)

I get the following error to mount..

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/PANDORA/pandora/menu//flipclock.pnd -e ./fcT -b FlipClock -a
getopt: option requires an argument -- 'a'
Terminating...
The Union File-system is not mounted !

David...

Ermm .. I have no idea what you're doing there Eisner (David), whats that "-a" all about? Where'd you get the "-e" details from?

Does it not run from the menu, normally?

Eisner said:
sebt3 said:
Audacious have an alarm plugin, would that work for you ? (I havent tested it...)

Did not think of that.. Could work.. I was thinking of a stand along alarm clock. I have one on my IPOD that works well. Multiple alarm setting, snooze, sounds or music etc.. Just thought that there might be something out there that could be ported or work in the OS.

Would it have to be PND or could it just be imported from a repository?

David...

Out of my personal interest (i am very sorry for going offtopic for a second), what is the name of the ipod touch app you're using?

Hello,

I have no idea.. I dropped the file on my card in SD1 under menu, found the pnd under Office and executed.. This is the error file I got.
I do not know much about linux to tell you what it is or what it means..

David...

torpor said:
Ermm .. I have no idea what you're doing there Eisner (David), whats that "-a" all about? Where'd you get the "-e" details from?

Does it not run from the menu, normally?
You're not missing libraries here (ldd on my pandora repport no missing, and ldd is the only thing I added there...)
but, would you remove the :
arguments="" background="true" standalone="true"
from your exec line in your PXML file ?
It should work better ;)

Just to follow up on this error, I often get mounting errors when running pnd's, especially after removing my SD card and re-installing it.
I have seen such error logs before on my pandora. I am not sure why I have mounting issues.. An example if I run the SNES for the first time, it creates the folder under appdata. If I remove my card, and then reinsert, I will get a Mount Error. The only way to get the Emulator running is to delete the .txt file that appears under the apps folder within appdata. ( I forget what the .txt file name is right now ).

Anyways, my point is that I have had many mount issues with PND's.
I will re-install the pnd when I get home and try again.

David...

Maybe if a sdcard is not cleanly unmounted (still writing to it or running stuff from it while removing) it is possible, that the filesystem on that card is mounted readonly after reinsertion. Could be a cause for your problems, or maybe not...

torpor said:
Okay I've fixed it, for those interested, please download it again and have another try ..

I got it working, thank you very much. Turned out to be my sd card was preventing writing access due to wrong format
Not sure why as I formatted it as Fat32 but regardless, I reformatted the card abd was good to go.

This one should be added to the file archive

One question - Is the mount information stored internally? Is the directory mnt ever need to be cleared if i am running into fuure mount problems
I noticed there is a pnd folder with in the mnt directory which had 2 flipclock folders. I thought this might have been why I was having some problems. I canot seem to delete the folder even if I wanted to as it will not allow me access.

David

Ok, Program starts up ok.
So far, I have noticed that if you enter an alarm, it will not save it upon exit. Not sure if it should be make sense that it would. Also, In the alarm setting mode, there is an option for sound or folder. When I had it working for a brief time yesterday, it use to say (buzzer.mp3)in the Alarm Sound box but now it shows (null). Regardless, if you click in the Alarm Sound button area, it locks up. You have to reboot in order to get out. I would think that if you clock on the alarm sound button, you would be prompted to choose a file or folder which would contain the play alarm sound/song, although I have not used this program previously.

Then when I reboot, the program will not mount ( a problem I have had with prev. emulators that lock up ). You have to delete the text file that appears in the appdata flipclock folder before it will mount again )

Thanks,

David...

This is the out file I get.
Should note that I am not having a FlipClock folder created in the appdata folder on my SD card.

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/PANDORA/pandora/desktop//flipclock.pnd -e ./fcT -b FlipClock
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop4
Filetype is ISO
Mounting PND (mount) :
/dev/loop4 on /mnt/pnd/FlipClock type iso9660 (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/FlipClock as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/PANDORA/pandora/appdata/FlipClock=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/FlipClock=rr none /mnt/utmp/FlipClock
none on /mnt/utmp/FlipClock type aufs (rw,si=66987a77,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/FlipClock type aufs (rw,si=66987a77,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
best sink mode is pulsesink with decoder ...loaded app graphic ./flipclock/media/themeChange.png
loaded app graphic ./flipclock/media/splash.png
THEMEPATH: [./flipclock/themes/] fileCount: 2
ThemeDefFile: ./flipclock/themes/defaultFlip/themeDef.xml
theme ./flipclock/themes/defaultFlip/themeDef.xml found!
ThemeDefFile: ./flipclock/themes/defaultNight/themeDef.xml
theme ./flipclock/themes/defaultNight/themeDef.xml found!
setting new theme path ./flipclock/themes/defaultFlip/
next alarmtime as get:0
next alarmtime as get end:0
800 width 480 height
Theme begin preloading graphics
Theme finished preloading graphics
new label key is alarmOnOff
new label key is alarmAMPM
new label key is alarmMode
new label key is alarmOnceLoop
new label key is militaryTime
new label key is secondsVisible
new label key is alarmStyle
new label key is insomniacMode
new label key is insomniacLock
done theme buttons
drawing background
Drawing mood overlay
date ampm is am
label keydate
label keydate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keysnoozeActive
label keynextAlarmCountDown
date ampm is am
label keydate
label keydate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keysnoozeActive
drawing background
agggggggg
agggggggg
agggggggg
agggggggg
Drawing mood overlay
next alarmtime as get:0
next alarmtime as get end:0
drawing background
Drawing mood overlay
date ampm is am
label keydate
label keydate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keynextAlarmDate
label keysnoozeActive
exit!!
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

Back