Release Albert 0.14.21

Ive messed something up. I tried to downgrade to an older version, deleted the newer PND and replaced it with an older one. Now it won't even run.

It's always worth moving the appdata folder somewhere out of the way whenever you downgrade anything. You can try running the older version, but I'd always take a backup copy first, in case it messes it up completely and you then can't use it with any version. But if it doesn't work with that copy, you'll have to just delete it and start afresh.

Edit: Ah, I didn't see @Eight Bit's post there.

Edit2: Seems there's more than one Eight Bit user around.

Got it to open once, quit it and now it won't open. :confused:|

Heres the log for whatever it's worth:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/PANDORASW/pandora/menu/albert.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/PANDORASW/pandora/appdata/pndmanager
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/albert"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORASW/pandora/appdata/albert=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/albert=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/albert"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( start.sh  ) ----------
Starting user configured pre-script /media/PANDORASW/pandora/appdata/pndmanager/PND_pre_script.sh
/media/PANDORASW/pandora/appdata/pndmanager/PND_pre_script.sh is done
16:42:24 [33m[WARN][0;1m QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-d0'[0m
16:42:24 [33m[WARN][0;1m QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-d0'[0m
16:42:25 [33m[WARN][0;1m Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed[0m
QT5 Base dir = /mnt/utmp/albert
16:42:25 [32m[INFO][0;1m Systems icon theme is: "elementary"[0m
16:42:25 [33m[WARN][0;1m Local server could not be created. IPC will not work! Reason: "QLocalServer::listen: Unknown error 1"[0m
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( start.sh  ) ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 627: cd: /mnt/utmp/pndmanager: No such file or directory
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[ FAILED]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
umount: /mnt/utmp/albert: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
WARNING umount UNION failed, didnt clean up. Process still using this FS :
 2656 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /media/PANDORASW/pandora/menu//albert.pnd -e start.sh -b albert
 2938 ?        S      0:00 /bin/bash /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -u -p /media/PANDORASW/pandora/menu/albert.pnd -b albert
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop1: [b301]:749 (/media/PANDORASW/pandora/menu/albert.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/utmp/albert type squashfs (ro,relatime)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/albert type aufs (rw,relatime,si=f457075d,noplink)
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 5

Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

That feels to me like it should be an error rather than a warning, but that's only my best guess from that log.

When you quit Albert, the device didn't delete albert folder.

Did you quit with rigth click on the icon-Quit?

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 627: cd: /mnt/utmp/pndmanager: No such file or directory

I don't see this line on my log. Did you updated OpenPandora firmware?

Menu-Programs-System-Upgrade Pandora OS

It should be 1.76 update 3.

Last edited:
About indexing taking too long.

It took 2 minutes to index the 800 PNDs i have installed.
How much does it take with an older version?

In my experience, that 'device busy' error is quite common and has never caused me any trouble. I think it's noise.

Not something common in my case but very rare to happen.
Do you use vfat as filesystem too on your SD card?

Originally I quit it by holding the pandora button.

Let's start over so we know whats going on. Using pndmanager I have uninstalled the version of Albert I had. I have deleted the appdata folder for it.

I will now install albert and copy the log. Then I will restart and open the app again and copy a log. Then I will quit the app using rightclick_icon -> quit and save a log.

Just wanted to come back here with my tail between my legs and say I figured out that somehow in settings the checkbox for "applications" in the "extensions" tab was not checked. It now works perfectly. Thank you!

Back