Alien Vs Predator Bor Mod

Lethe

Thew away PSP for a DS! WOOT
Website
Visit site
Wow this is great :) i remember playing this in the arcade 5 years ago and spending a dozen quaters to beat it (i wasnt very skilled). By the looks of the screenshot, it looks like a great port of the arcade version. I also saw the new movie so this is even better (although the movie was dissapointing <_< ).

I havent seen the movie but it was always going to be crap! If it was an all out war between aliens and predators and that was it it would be rad.....BUT NOOOOO you have to have fucking humans in the equation!! WHAT A LOT OF SHIT!!! This is so typical of hollywood- let me guess the aliens and predators dont have a war and just try to kill humans- the humans either end up winning or escaping- its usually a woman who survives in the end and her love interest is killed trying to save her or do something heroic- the helpless woman (who during the entire time has run about the movie screaming) all of a sudden grows testicles and becoms like a hybrid of Stallone and Chow Yun Fat miraculously destroys the threat and escapes. Also usually says some stupid cliche like "Dont fuck with humans bitch!" or some gay like that.................sigh

!!!MOVIE SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

:huh: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh:

hehe a lot of what you said is true. out of like 30 ppl only one black woman lives. I thought this was going to be in space where aliens and predators have a war but it semms that the predators breed the aliens for their "ultimate" prey... and the dumb thing is that there are only 3 predators that show up in the movie and 2 of them dies in the beginning... the third one, which teams up with the human woman, is infested with a chest burster at the beginning. of course this predator dies at the end trying to save the woman and the predator mothership comes dow, takes the dead one, gives the woman a spear, and takes off. oh and like i wasnt expecting this... the alien pops out of the predator at the end (oh i so didnt know that was going to happen!)

... anyways, i like the arcade game

well it was like the predator was accepting the woman as a warrior (coz she killed the mother alien).

Alien resurection fir the most part was craptacular!!! It was always going to be and what was sigourney weaver thinking??? That was a cash grab like Jaws III.

Uhh...back on topic...how does this run on the GP32? And can someone recommend me a few other BoR mods for the GP32? I'm thinking of downloading this and giving it a try for the first time...

Iorgy77 posted on Aug 28 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
can someone edit the title of this topic to: "WARNING ALIEN VS PREDATOR MOVIE SPOILER"

thanks... don't have to bother watching it now...

I second this motion, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thanks for the spoiler!

Anyway, I really want to play this but haven't mucked about with BOR yet, what files do I need to download and install, or where is there some more info etc?

Cheers!

®

Cliche cliche cliche, all i was to say. its like a 12 yr old had written it, i fast forwarded all the way thru the movie (divx :D) anyway why have bishop in the film anyway, i know the link is that hes a robotics scientist so thats why bishop looks like him in aliens but whats the point anyway cos that like 150 years later so why would the make a robot look like a robotics expert.

Worst Alien movie ever.

It was stupid all over the place and i bet that if you asked a regular person to write a script that it would have been thousands of times better.

The Predators are supposed to have armor that is resistant against the Alien blood but they haven't in this movie. A Predator takes his mask off in the same room as a lot of eggs with face huggers and for some stupid reason it takes ages until that alien burst out of his chest.

The Predators help the girl (how stupid is that!) which would be the same as a cat and a mouse hunting on a dog. And the rest of the movie is so stupid i don't even want to talk about it.

The worst part is that their was a much better script but it didn't make it for some stupid reason. The other script is much cooler and can be downloaded here (http://www.horrorlair.com/scripts/aliens_vs_predator.txt)

I can't seem to get this PAK to work, I have renamed it avp.pak and put it in the bordata folder along with the paklist.txt file as instructed. When run I get a few positive messages until it gets to:

Loading sprites...
Unable to load sprite file:
data/sprites/shadow6
(may be out of memory)

What does this mean?

®

I think that bug is fixed in the most recent bor beta 6 I think.

To get it to work in the older version, you have to extract the pak using paxplode and add three copies of shadow6.gif into the same directory and then use packer to create a new gp32 friendly pak.

PM me if you can't get it to work properly

Back