Alienz

justthisguy

Still Fresh
AlienZ is a fairly quickly-developed entry for GBAX 2007: get it here, second from the top. At the moment it's written in python, but I'm thinking of rewriting it in C / C++ so that it'll be able to accommodate a lot more graphically

So, what did you think? :) If anyone has any comments etc, then please feel free to post. One thing people have been saying is that the controls are a little too responsive - just a tip: it helps if you just tap the stick, rather than holding it down :).

Thanks!

jtg

I feel you have done a good job with the graphics. It looks promising.

For improvements if you are going to update it -

Make the speed of the enemys a bit slower, it is a bit too hectic although I guess most shmups are. :D

The controls do seem a bit laggy, maybe it takes a bit to long for the ship to get going. I am not too sure of the reason.

If you leave the ship at the top right corner( as I am doing now :D ) then no enemy can get you and it will go on forever I think.

Obviously a high score table would be good.

Anyway not bad, good luck with it. My highest score (without cheating) is around 11000. :)

Uprising said:
I feel you have done a good job with the graphics. It looks promising.
For improvements if you are going to update it -
Make the speed of the enemys a bit slower, it is a bit too hectic although I guess most shmups are. :D
The controls do seem a bit laggy, maybe it takes a bit to long for the ship to get going. I am not too sure of the reason.
If you leave the ship at the top right corner( as I am doing now :D ) then no enemy can get you and it will go on forever I think.
Obviously a high score table would be good.
Anyway not bad, good luck with it. My highest score (without cheating) is around 11000. :)
Thanks! Yeah, the ship being a bit laggy is fairly deliberate - I wanted to make it accelerate a bit before it got to full speed, but it's interesting to see what other people think, especially if you think it's more of a bug than a feature :) but yeah, I hope to be able to continue and improve on it, sort out issues like the ones you mentioned and add stuff like a high-score table :D

jtg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back