All Important Question(at Least For Me)

Ignoctoid

Still Fresh
First off, let me start by saying "hello!" as this is my first time here ^_^. Now then, the one thing I want most out of a GP2X would be to be able to play NES homebrew and game hacks on the go, particularly Zelda Outlands and Mario Adventure. Can anyone confirm if they will run on the GP2X?

Thanks!

Ignoctoid posted on Dec 9 2006 at 11:14 AM said:
First off at let me start by saying "hello!" as this is my first time here ^_^. Now then, the one thing I want most out of a GP2X would be to be able to play NES homebrew and game hacks on the go, particularly Zelda Outlands and Mario Adventure. Can anyone confirm if they will run on the GP2X?

I was curious about these hacks so I tested them using GPFCE, an NES emulator for the GP2X. They both seem to be working fine... they're playable to the same degree that other NES games are playable via GPFCE.

Not sure what Shikaku meant, maybe he's just joking or interpreting your question literally.

Last edited by a moderator:
He meant that some PC NES emus patch IPS files on the fly, so you just have the original unhacked rom + the IPS file in the same directory. For GP2X (and other emus), you need to actually apply the patch to the rom. Not a big deal, it's a 2-second thing and very simple.

when you download a NES rom from a certain rom site (which will go unnamed, but is easy to find ;) ) there is numerous ready patched hacks in the 7z/zip or whatever file :D

Back