Alternative Updater

Aninhumer posted on Mar 12 2006 at 07:57 PM said:
Well my problem is updating to the cramfs kernel I have done every other stage in that process, but I can't update with this SD card (actually if there is greater SD support in the 1.4 firmware I'll try flashing the cramfs kernel again)
I had that to, but when I tried the one with the poison skin it worked
Remember: do a format first, then only put the three cramfs files on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robster, whoever you are please can you modify your updater for cramfs, I want 12 second boot times! (and presumeably less crashes)

aapje89 posted on Mar 12 2006 at 08:31 PM said:
Aninhumer posted on Mar 12 2006 at 07:57 PM said:
Well my problem is updating to the cramfs kernel I have done every other stage in that process, but I can't update with this SD card (actually if there is greater SD support in the 1.4 firmware I'll try flashing the cramfs kernel again)
I had that to, but when I tried the one with the poison skin it worked
Remember: do a format first, then only put the three cramfs files on it.
Which three files?

Do you mean:
- cramfs dump
- flash_cramfs.gpu
- gp2xkernel.img

Because my problem is that (even with only the gp2xkernel.img after a fresh format) my gp2x won't update

PS: ironically I now want my gp2x to do exactly what ruined it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try, but I've tried esentially this before and it failed.

EDIT: flash_cramfs.gpu run, gp2x off, gp2x on... darn! No luck.

Actually I've been running the blue poison version, I'll try using the oddbot official version.
EDIT: Nope

I repeat what I said before:
Robster, whoever you are please can you modify your updater for cramfs, I want 12 second boot times! (and presumeably less crashes)

EDIT: Actually it might be better to modify it to be generic, so that we can use it for all future firmwares without having to call on you all the time.

Back