Aluminium Case - Pictures

I suggested the Aluminium case ages ago, but was told the wifi would not work. Perhaps it would be an idea to build a rough home made version for testing.

Just a thought.......
Just wrap your Pandora in kitchen aluminum foil...
... but use the entire roll so you get the same amount of material around it. And make it so that you can still open and close the lid and see the screen :p

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Or easier way:  Put your Pandora in one of these :p

m1OZx2d.jpg

Any pictures of a full render mock up? I like the idea of the wifi window having an antenae engraved on it. At first a plastic window sounded.. off but it could look cool if it wasn't just a square. Rounded corners with the antenae engraved on it? I'd like that., also what the hinges? I know my pandora's hinge just fell open to 180 at  about  120 degrees.. How sturdy is the hinge going to be with this case? 

Since they are being made there is less pressure on preordering.  Many of us are concerned about the window, and it is good that you also can see that it may be a good visual element.  I can't say I am fond of the antenna engraving idea.  It would be nice if we could skip the wifi window entirely if we don't want it, but that is asking a lot for something that will have so few units already.

The hinge is supposedly going to be redesigned, and I really hope it is firm enough to keep it from being floppy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since they are being made there is less pressure on preordering.  Many of us are concerned about the window, and it is good that you also can see that it may be a good visual element.  I can't say I am fond of the antenna engraving idea.  It would be nice if we could skip the wifi window entirely if we don't want it, but that is asking a lot for something that will have so few units already.

The hinge is supposedly going to be redesigned, and I really hope it is firm enough to keep it from being floppy.
Yeah I just don't want the window to look cheap? If the window can be done tastefully it could accent the device. If its just a square hole in the case with a piece of cheap plastic inserted in then its gonna look bad. hell if the pandora's wi-fi atenae is so bad depending on window placement it might be worthwhile to just raid one from one of my other devices and then install it behind the window or get another one.

Hey, i'm interested in preordering this product for my pandora, but i have a few questions. Does this plastic case replace just the keyboard face of the Pandora or the entire plastic out side as well?

I noticed that the demo piscture have diferent keyboard keys, will these be replaced on the Pandora or do i get to keep the original bubble style ones? Because i like the bubble style ones.

If i currently have the grey 1ghz Pandora. If i order the black aluminum case, the grey shoulder buttons won't match, is it possible to get these replaced with black ones at the same time?

Thanks.

I noticed that the demo piscture have diferent keyboard keys, will these be replaced on the Pandora or do i get to keep the original bubble style ones? Because i like the bubble style ones.
My understanding is that they keyboard is unchanged. You keep the one you have.

The shoulder buttons, however, should not be changed either, and I'm not sure if you can ask for black ones. ED can probably answer. 

Back