Always Wanted To Play Super Mario Rpg On A Handheld

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
Yeah anyone else have a SNES title they have always wanted to play on a handheld, but it never worked at all or 100%? Closes I got was the PSP, but it still isnt 100%. I also always wanted to play Kirby Super Stars.

NOTE: This is not a place to bitch about developers or anything like that. Just a social topic talking about SNES titles we loved and cant wait to play on a Handheld.

I actually own both yoshi's island and SM: RPG for my snes. I was able to acquire the latter from a *very* poor friend. He sold it to me for an astonishing 5 USD :D

I also picked up a bunch of decent snes titles such as donkey kong country 3, pocky and rocky, some goof troop game, and a couple others for 2-3 bucks a pop.

God I love poor people :lol: (shame on me)

When I have some extra money I'll expand my collection and pick up chrono trigger (have been wanting it for ages), the Final Fantasy SNES titles, breath of fire, and other great games.

I'd love it if the Super FX chip was ever emulated on GP2x, Starwing would be great on a train journey! Super Mario Kart at zero frameskip doesn't seem too far off now..
I was made up when skeezix released the ST emulator for Llamasoft games.

Also, now that NeoGeo is nearly perfect with a bit of overclock, it'd be really nice to see CPS-2 for a game of Mars Matrix. Don't know how the widescreen would look on the GP2x screen. :)

Final Fantasy VI at 60 fps with sound (preferably 33.2 kHz or higher). The PSP seemed to be closest to doing this (avg. 40 fps) last time I checked.

Super FX emulation might even require a dynamic/static recompiler to run at a decent speed on the GP2X, but I think it's still within the range of possibility (keep in mind that many 3d games at least on the SNES didn't update frames at the full rate - maybe frameskip 2 or 3 on many, so an emulator frameskip wouldn't be severely annoying).

SNES title : FF3 (jap.VI) and Bahamut Lagoon 55-60fps 22050hz sound
Non-Snes title : DarkLands and Master of Magic from Microprose (MS-DOS)

Back