Am I Famous Then?

Dunny

Exophase Approved® Forum Troll
Website
www.zxspin.com
Oh my.

The next step in my emulator development is localisation. You know, being able to display the UI in different languages... I've had at least one user who is desperate for me to get this done. So much so, that he provided extra incentive to get it done:

pandora2r.jpg

As I said, "Oh my". That lovely, lovely bastard :)

D.

That damn hand-held looks better and better in every subsequent picture.

You have a Pandora? I sure feel late to the party. I need to stay more up to date with those big threads :(

Exophase said:
You have a Pandora? I sure feel late to the party. I need to stay more up to date with those big threads :(
It sounds improbable that Dunny would have gotten one but not you, so it might be that someone sent him that photo? Dunno, his post is unclear...

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've had at least one user who is desperate for me to get this done. So much so, that he provided extra incentive to get it done:"

Says it all. That user made the pic, so it's not his Pandora ;)

dflemstr said:
It sounds improbable that Dunny would have gotten one but not you, so it might be that someone sent him that photo? Dunno, his post is unclear...

It's not improbable, especially considering I outright said I wouldn't be able to do much with one right now. That and I think the Open Pandora people are, for some good reasons, kind of annoyed with me and don't want to reward me for it ;D

I guess I would expect a few others to get one before Dunny, but if someone who has one wants him to do something with the emulator he writes then that's sufficient incentive for him to get it.

But, uh, yeah, this is probably just someone with a Pandora giving him the picture, not the Pandora. I'm kinda stupid.

Dunny said:
So much so, that he provided extra incentive to get it done:

<nice image of cute pandora>

Pretty clear to me that this is not his pandora...

edit: missed Mali's post.. doh.

by the way, is there any kind of "centralised" translation effort?
I'm more then willing to translate stuff into Dutch/Flemish if that would make some people happy...

Esslan said:
Have I missed something?
Why would Craig & Co be annoyed with you?

I think it might be due to this exchange between Exophase and craigix that got a little heated:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50090-when-is-the-real-release-date/page__st__225

I guess it's not my place to open that can of worms again, but I'm just trying to answer the question. This was during a series of bad news and the mood in the forums was pretty bad, there was a lot of emotion involved on all sides. But I think (hope) Exophase is just joking and craigix is not actually mad at him anymore. Now that Pandora is practically released we all can and should look back at the last year with a much more relaxed attitude and some critical distance. Then, I hope, everything will be fine again, eventually. :)

Edit: Wow, Fatih is back!

mfk said:
This one is mine. ;)

Yep :)

My name on your Pandora. It doesn't get any cooler than that! I also have a pic of Ref (Arda), yourself and Gnostic grinning like madmen. It's not that important a photo, but it does show just how small that handheld is :)

Unfortunately it looks like I have to finish the "localiztion" now... And before I get my Panda, cos there's no way I'll have the time when it arrives!

D.

So, forgive me for not knowing, but what is it you've written that's got Fatih in such a tizzy?

hch said:
Hellolo,

do the localiztion

:)

pandora speak is developing more and more :)
I think it'll be fully developed in about two months. Then we need to get someone to do the localization.

(Is there a way to have a "Hellolo" splash screen when booting up the Pandora?)

Wheels said:
hch said:
Hellolo,

do the localiztion

:)

pandora speak is developing more and more :)
I think it'll be fully developed in about two months. Then we need to get someone to do the localization.

I should've stopped lurking a long time ago :(
I don't even know the origins of Hellolo.

But if I'd take a guess...ED?

Wade-newb said:
Wheels said:

I should've stopped lurking a long time ago :(
I don't even know the origins of Hellolo.

But if I'd take a guess...ED?
Yep, he typed that when he was posting from the prototype Pandora to the forums way back in June or something.

Back