Am I the only one confused by emulators/roms etc.?

Tetlee

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ok, I have to confess I've been fiddling around with this ddevice for best part of a week now. Have had a lot of fun playing original homebrew games which I've had no problem installing and getting to run, but can I figure out how to get started with the emulators! :rolleyes:

What I'm trying to get working first is the PSone emulator as I love my tactics games so X-Com/Vandal Hearts/FFTactics etc. are very high on my list. Installed PCSX-ReArmed, but can't figure out where to go from there. Have donwloaded some 7z PSone games, extracted them using 7zip, but where do I put what files as so far I can't seem to find them and always get the "you don't seem to have any BIOS files" message on boot up.

Any tipes would be greatly appreciated. Emulators I'll be using most will be PSOne, N64, SNES and Amiga.

Thanks in advance.

Download the BIOS files, then. BIOS files are required for some systems (PS1 included) to run games.

Download the BIOS files, then. BIOS files are required for some systems (PS1 included) to run games.
Can anyone recommend a website to download these things from? Also aside from the BIOS file which have an obvious location within the emulator folder, where to you place the rest, and do you just drop the whole unzipped folder in or do you have to seperate the folder contents out?

It's been way too long since my last device like this(GP32) and I'm pretty clueless now to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
This post (and much of the thread) may help:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2773-psx-rearmed-revisted/page__view__findpost__p__50347

It shows where the Bios must go, and where it's activated.

Roms must be unzipped/unrared but it doesn't matter where they are, though it'll make life easier if you make a folder for them somewhere so they'll be easier to navigate.

If you have a rom with multiple contents when unzipped - yes, put the ENTIRE folder (or make one for that game so it's all kept together) on the card in your psx roms folder (wherever you decide to put it). Various disc image formats have multiple files, they all need to be present.

Can anyone recommend a website to download these things from?
BIOS is copyright and therefore we can't legally tell you where to download it. I could tell you that if you google for "psx bios" then you'll find quite a few websites on how to legally obtain it by extracting it off your own Playstation, and probably a few links that tell you how to download it if extracting it yourself is too difficult.

Have had a lot of fun playing original homebrew games which I've had no problem installing and getting to run, but can I figure out how to get started with the emulators! :rolleyes:
I've posted my little pandora.txt here. It contains information about file locations and keys for a number of emulators. I think it's useful for starters.

Installed PCSX-ReArmed, but can't figure out where to go from there.
In case you don't know this already: if you're in the minimenu, select the emulator (pcsx rearmed in this case) then press the Y button (not on the keyboard), this'll open the readme. With this info google is your friend.

Back