American ... Steam

Fzero

Advanced Member
I want this, but only offering it to American people, who have their Amazon account linked to their US based card ... bit lame

http://www.amazon.com/SEGA-48-Game-Mega-Arcade-Online/dp/B00EIN266Q/

Reckon there's any way if someone in US got this, then gave me the codes, I'm in UK, the Steam codes should work eh?

Or reckon this would just automatically bung the games into the Steam account, rather than provide Steam key?

Such a good deal though

edit:

Reading the questions, looks like it gives the Steam keys...

Sooo, if any of you in the US want to get this for me I can Paypal you the money, plus a beer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If no one has got this for you yet, I could help help you out. Just let me know

no real help here but some thoughts I like to get rid of:

• If you have a credit card, you can open an extra account for Amazon US, you can either use a address in the Chicago (IL) area (because of taxes) or use a service like borderlinx.com - in any case the address in not that important (from your side) in this case, as Amazon US does not send out a paper bill for Steam keys
  • the Key is valid for clients in mainland Europe, so I guess people on the other side of the canal should have no problems too
  • I have bought a similiar package a while ago on a dotemu sale, and it was a rather sour experience, as the installer was DRM free, but the roms are encrypted, so you can only play it using the emulator that comes with the package > I had hoped I could play some Megadrive goodness on my Pandora

I've bought many things from Amazon US, just change your address and they are none-the-wiser. I use my mother-in-laws address in Delaware but anywhere should work just fine, but as thatgui says somewhere without tax would probably be useful: as long as you're technically comitting fraud you may as well go whole hog. :p

edit:

I got it now, thanks :)

I only have one credit card linked to Amazon as well. Change your address, make the payment, change it back.

In fact, I actually think you can have multiple addresses attached to your account and you just choose the one you want when you are purchasing, but I can't really remember. I don't want to buy this bundle and waste $5 but it doesn't hurt for you to try it. Worst case is they've figured out the "scam" and it doesn't work anymore.

edit: oh, and as for kickstarter, not sure if you know this but the link to Amazon is only for the payment, no address information is shared; after the kickstarter is successful and they're ready to ship you'll get a survey and be able to fill in whatever address you want.

I have bought a similiar package a while ago on a dotemu sale, and it was a rather sour experience, as the installer was DRM free, but the roms are encrypted, so you can only play it using the emulator that comes with the package > I had hoped I could play some Megadrive goodness on my Pandora
I went through a phase of buying these sorts of things on various proprietary platforms, primarily so I had more justification (to myself, if not the law) that I had a right to play those games under emulation, even if I had to get them via another source.

Cheers for the tips guys :)

I just added a new address from somewhere in Chicago, and it's let me get the downloads ... nice.

I'll switch it back to my usual shipping address now for future orders.

Happy days

Back