Amiga Big Bash

So sad to be at the wrong place at the wrong time :) , Amiga and GP2X are the most important bitburgers in my life.

I hope that everyone had a great time there, craigix, you sound tired :lol:

sam fisher posted on Sep 17 2006 at 12:42 AM said:
craigix posted on Sep 16 2006 at 11:02 PM said:
Wow, what a day, i must have met over 50 people and i'm afraid to say if you didn't tell me who you were, i didn't know! But it was nice to meet all of you. And for you to buy me drinks. :)

Venue was small but packed with people, we sold almost all the gp2xs we took, including some display consoles!

Right, i'm going to sleep now. long long day. Photos?
I didn't get to see what you looked like on the webcam, curses.

I imagine you as someone between 25-35 with a expensive sort of kings robe, as GP2x crown on and a sceptor with a GP32 mounted as the handle.

Kinda like...

ethanod3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya all...

Well.... I enjoyed it. But.

Unfortunately (I think due to short-noticeness of it all), It wasnt as 'retro' as we were hoping. However, what it has done is enabled us to test the waters and see that there's a lot of interest in all things retro, even among the hardcore Amiga community. I'm going to have a post-show chat with Craig and see if we can muster together something a whole lot more spectacular for next year.

The people there were great, though I've never seen a collection of such dedicated geeks in one place ;) - all nice people though :)

Craig did great on the sales front - like hea said, almost all of his stock had gone by the end of the day. What I want to know is WHO TURNED UP?

I ask becasue apparently a lot of people approached Craig and knew who he was, but didnt say how. I'm guessing at least a few of them were from this board.

Thanks to foft for turning up, and sorry you didnt manage to sell more stuff. The interest in the bring-and-buy was almost zero, so they must have put it off for this year. The loud music was the 'Big Bash Radio' and was actually being broadcast too, as was the webcam feed. I Spoke to WarmFluffy online whilst doing stupid things in front of the webcam (so to speak), so there was some interaction there somewhere....

I must admit, I was dissapointed by the lack of turn out from these boards... Meeting people that you know online is always interesting, and very often eye-opening :)

We'll have to see what we can do for next year - maybe a seperate event, or a bigger integration even (we've got loads of time to plan it now at least ;)).

Thanks for the support form everyone who turned up anyway, and hope to see you at another meetup in the not-too-disstant future.

A few photos to follow!

BTW: Those 'pics' of Craig arnt actually a million miles away :p Minus the crown and staff though ;)

Couldn't be there this year :( Ah, well, I might turn up next year then. Would've been nice to meet y'all. And craigix the "big fat gay pink executive" ;)

Right....

Photos!

Not too many cos the missus drove off with the camera for half the day!

Anyway:-

bb1.jpg

GP2xs on the gp2x.co.uk stall

bb2.jpg

more...

bb2.jpg

flyers :)

bb4.jpg

Craig and Bobsonsirjonny doign what looks like some really dodgy deal :p
This is the one craig asked me to use....! ;)

Yep I turned up with a mate late in the afternoon, got to meet craig who was a great down to earth guy and a few of the girls who work for him. Anyway he was doing some great deals for the gp2x and my mate brought one for a great price with got some free extras. I even nearly brought another one (the mk2 as I have a older one) as I felt the joystick was much better.

I was waiting for his gp2x presentation but I has to go, did he ever do his presentation?

Axeman posted on Sep 17 2006 at 12:30 PM said:
Right....

Photos!

Not too many cos the missus drove off with the camera for half the day!

Anyway:-

bb1.jpg

GP2xs on the gp2x.co.uk stall

bb2.jpg

more...

bb2.jpg

flyers :)

bb4.jpg

Craig and Bobsonsirjonny doign what looks like some really dodgy deal :p
This is the one craig asked me to use....! ;)
Wow, craig does look like ethan, lol.

LOL at the pic some defo shady was going down :p Craig looks like the coolest dude

Wish I could have made it wouldn't have minded buying a new GP2X but it was best mates engagment this weekend

Maybe next year perhaps it'll be closer to the DUURTY SOUTTH next year ( :blink: sooryy couldnt help myself)

craigix posted on Sep 17 2006 at 01:23 PM said:
That's me on the right. Drunk. Look at the eyes.

Anyone ever told you you have more than a passing resemblance to a certain Mr J Depp?

Like the tablecloth by the way...

And Craigx look more younger thant I though ;-), since hes running a business I had the impression he was an older chap! But its great to see he might be even younger than me ;-).

Ohhh and if Craigx was drunk that maybe why some folks got some good deals ;-). He probably lost count and didnt remember the numbers too much ahahahah! But I think it really great that the sales went well, that means people are definately interested in the GP2X!

Maybe I should organise that kind of meeting around Montreal, ahhhh in the old days me and my friend used to organise the Amiga Convention in downtown montreal.

Question for craigix really really but if any knows they can answer too,

the beta of payback you had at BB4 can I download that from anywere
as I think I could sell a few 2X's with that, and i wouldnt mind another go either...

Ghool posted on Sep 17 2006 at 04:09 PM said:
Question for craigix really really but if any knows they can answer too,

the beta of payback you had at BB4 can I download that from anywere
as I think I could sell a few 2X's with that, and i wouldnt mind another go either...

Nope - unfortunately not!

I think that beta is too close to a finished product for a public release.

I would like a playable demo of some form, I don't want to buy it on the basis of pretty pictures...

Nova posted on Sep 17 2006 at 01:56 PM said:

Anyone ever told you you have more than a passing resemblance to a certain Mr J Depp?

I agree, Craig is quite a cute fella indeed :).

Nova posted on Sep 17 2006 at 01:56 PM said:

Nova fancies you!

Back