Amiga Cd32

redstripe

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Is it possible for the GP2X to emulate this console,basically it was an Amiga 1200 without the keyboard

Unlikely. Amiga is quite hard to emulate, the A500 emulation does not even run that good on the GP2X, and the 1200 is much more powerfull than the 500.

UAE succesfully emulates A1200, but I thinks it needs a decent PC to run fullspeed.

Obviously, I am talking about _real_ CD32/A1200 games. For the CD32 games that are A500 games with some CD music or video intro, it could work, but I am not sure anybody could be interested in that.

i wonder if it is even necessary. Obviously, videos and cd-music are nice gimmicks (as seen on picodrive with megacd emulation) but the games are essentially the same (correct me if I am wrong).

I think amiga 1200 emulation would be really awesome if it could be done properly on the gp2x. I am missing many of the wonderful titles. Then again, cd32 emulation could be great because you wouldn't have to fiddle with onscreen keyboards and the likes. Maybe if the music and videos are ripped and then shown, or even without videos and cd music...

The A500 games in CD32 disc are not in special formats for working from other media than floppies? For example, I found difficult to run A500 games (512K RAM, 800K floppy) under an A600 (2 Mb RAM, 1G hard disk) because the whole floppy image must be loaden into ram (or part of it) and the A500 ROM also must be loaded to RAM for some kind of "virtualization" of the machine and emulate the floppy from the disk image. I think that A500 games for CD32 are not runable in an A500 because of those patches for working from CD-ROM/Hard-DISK

Back