Saving On An Amiga Cd32...

Ringo

Website
Visit site
Right...

So I've bought an Amiga CD32 and had quite a bit of fun with it (not that hard, when you've come across a single CD with 200+ Amiga games on for it). However I have got CD32-games too, and one of them is Pirates! Gold...which needs (apparently) quite alot free mem in the NVram for me to actually save.

I've been seaching the net for answers to how you actually manage the save-games in the NVram, but didn't fully get my problem solved.

I figured out this much anyway:
- Start the console up without any CD and push the red button to access savegame-list.
- in this list you can lock saves you want to keep or unlock saves you want to throw out when you reset the console.

Only problem is that after resetting.... THEY'RE STILL ALL THERE!

What am I doing wrong?

I've also tried shutting off the power.... You got to sleep sometime ;)

(Ironic remark actually.... seeing that I've been awake 1½ day straight now :p )

Well... I've actually solved the problem now. It's just that Pirates Gold needs EXTREMELY much space on the flash RAM... Actually all of it.
Strange actually... Designing a console that peapole actually ONLY can own a couple of games for :blink: ... If you wan't to keep you hiscore, that is <_<

You can always attach an SX-1 to your CD32 and then copy the contents on the NVRAm to your Floppy/harddisc. A little overdone, but it does work ;)

Back