Amiga emulation

Pip, these are officially being re-made and sold for the GP32, i think Craig is just talking about buying in the boxed SMC versions and selling them on as he always done :)

and Craig, forgot to answer, are they only going to be available in there own SMC's or are these games going to be downloadable? I hope so, id much rather have them both on a single card than having multiple small cards lying around... just my personal preference

Pinball dreams can be got on megagp, and soon joygp.

The other two may only be on SMC, depends on if i can afford to have gamepark manufactuer them :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I thought the license only covered the Korean market, I must be mistaken then.

Just thought Id add 'Shadow of the Beast' just one more of the classic games I used to play when I was really young! Ahh I remember then with a smiling face!

On a side not, you can play Shadow of the Beast with PC Engine :)

How about the Street Rod series. Man that has to rock! I don't think that has been done yet on the GBA!

Two words: Cannon Fodder :)

And if there was an amiga emulator available, i too would be more than willing to pay for it. I miss my old amiga........ :(

And like i said in a previous post, theres hugs, pats on the back and me telling all my friends (a surprising amount considering my personality) your cool in the offing if someone puts one together.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS POST--

Surely someone must be burning away in a bedroom somewhere--

conjuring the project that is "GPAMIGA" ---

But thats just wishful thinking --- I mean look at the amount of posts - - or even an Atari st Emu would be great...

To me, the most played games on Amiga were for some strange reason the amazingly good Pinball series. More addictive than Tetris, me thinks. Playing them on the move would be a near-perfect gaming experience. JoyGP had a port of Pinball Dreams on sale... :ph34r: Too bad I can't afford GP32 just yet, 250€ is too much for my budget. :(

Wow.....

When I started this thread, I couldnt have even begun to imagine the intrest it would generate. Its cool to get the enthusiasm flowing again.

Now I've got my GP32, I can see even more how fantastic an Amiga emulator could be. I echo what a few of the others have said... get yourselves over to Amiga.org and take a look at the intrest there! I posted a thread on the 'Amiga Gaming' forum about the GP32, and the interest has been phenomenal! With this much intrest flowing in both directions, they've GOT to meet in the middle somewhere... Surely with all the talented programmers there are out there, we could muster up SOMETHING. I'd LOVE to do it myself if I could, but I wouldnt even know where to start!

Keep the thread moving! Lets make Amiga emulation the Number 1 priority for this community. I, like others, would gladly pay for an amiga emulator on GP32.

Cheers! :D :D :D

Just thought id bump this little lot back into the public eye. Does anyone have any information about progress for any amiga emus?

If so, ill buy you a beer or something. probably ;)

Hmmm Hope it gets a bit further, I really want to sit on my butt playing MegeBall (Which a good number of the boards I made and sent to Ed)

Well... after all is said and done... I reckon it's possible. All we need now is someone with the skill and the will to do it. I'm learning C++ at the moment, but I somehow think it's probably gonna be around 2010 before I can attept something as complex as porting an emulator!

I hope someone out there is willing, and wish the best of luck to anyone who wants to try.

Cheers,

and UP THE MIGGY!!!

:D

Axeman posted on Apr 21 2003 said:
I'm learning C++ at the moment, but I somehow think it's probably gonna be around 2010 before I can attept something as complex as porting an emulator!
You don't worry Axeman,
I could be patient... jeje ;-D

Good Luck with your learning C++ &
Greetings!
;-)

- Wonder Boy -

Last edited by a moderator:
One has to note.. almost any computing platform can deliver almost any game; certainly the GP32 can emulate an Amiga, or even a fancy modern machine. The real question is framerate ;)

An Amiga emulator is certainly doable; the first cut would be the all-'C' version, a port of UAE or the like. It woudln't be blazingly fast though on a GP32. Lots of work could be done to speed it up (assembly 68k core, for instance), but I doubt anyone has the time to take on that sort of beastie :)

jeff

Back