Amiga FS-UAE Game Emulator

Cas

FS-UAE a new Amiga games emulater for the Mac, there is a GUI for it also, this all works really well considering it is

still work in progress.

Link to the FS-UAE site

http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/

Could this be ported to the Pandora in the future maybe, becuase with the GUI being developed it is so simple to use.

Would someone please consider Porting this to the pandora if possible.Full proper amiga emulation on the pandora would be awesome.It looks really good.I'll place a 100 euro bounty and counting if it can be done.

Does this emulator emulate hard drives as well? Should we get john4p and hideki to cast their expert eyes on it and see what happens?? ;)

Does this emulator emulate hard drives as well? Should we get john4p and hideki to cast their expert eyes on it and see what happens?? ;)

You can see and read more about this at The English Amiga Board, it is still very much WIP.

I have been playing with it a bit today on my Mac and found two out of three games did not load.

In the GUI is an Enable Hard Drive option or use a file.

Last edited by a moderator:

You can see and read more about this at The English Amiga Board, it is still very much WIP.

I have been playing with it a bit today on my Mac and found two out of three games did not load.

In the GUI is an Enable Hard Drive option or use a file.
Ah i see so it needs a good deal more work.Would be good to have it on the pandora though.

Version 1.0 has been released yesterday. Sourcecode: http://fengestad.no/...ae-1.0.0.tar.gz

Should we get john4p and hideki to cast their expert eyes on it and see what happens?? ;)
I don't know anyone else than Pickle who could port this. The OpenGL stuff would have to be converted to OpenGL ES.

Might be very much worth it though. Maybe with some overclocking we'd have fullspeed Amiga 1200 (plus more compatible&accurate Amiga 500-emulation - e.g. Cinemaware games behave partially weird in UAE4All and Lionheart doesn't work; same applies to hideki's e-uae port as well btw.).

I thought it doesn't because it's also available for Mac OS X. But since Mac OS X is available for x86, too, you might be right.

I've not tried this emulator on a desktop, do you think it's feasible that it could indeed run full speed A1200 while overclocked, or would there still be significant slowdown? That was the one issue with Hidekis version, slight juddering during gameplay(was very impressive other than that)

(null)

I thought it doesn't because it's also available for Mac OS X. But since Mac OS X is available for x86, too, you might be right.

I'm not right apparently. :)

<THB> hello
<FrodeSolheim> hi

<THB> there is a thread on the openpandora forums about your emulator being ported to the pandora

<THB> http://boards.openpa...__fromsearch__1

<THB> I would think because you share a lot of code with winuae that FS-UAE would contain a lot of x86 ASM

<THB> and not be truly portable to non x86 processors like ARM

<THB> is this a correct assumption?

<FrodeSolheim> no, there is next to nothing asm code in WinUAE / FS-UAE

<THB> oh

<THB> it is all C using openGL?

<FrodeSolheim> basically, yes

<THB> so it is in fact portable to the pandora

<FrodeSolheim> there are other deps as well (OpenAL, SDL, glib)

<THB> I would think it would be slow on a 800 or so mHz ARM processor though

<FrodeSolheim> I know nothing about the pandora, so I wouldn't know

<FrodeSolheim> 800 Mhz ARM processor sounds slow

<FrodeSolheim> perhaps A500 emu on lowest accuracy would work (I don't know)

<THB> cool, thanks

<THB> pandora already has some versions of e-uae

<THB> also uae4all

<FrodeSolheim> oh, ok

<THB> and p-uae started out on the pandora

<THB> thats what the P originally stood for

<THB> but it never materialised

<FrodeSolheim> I thought it was for posix :)

<FrodeSolheim> Well, it is probably portable to Pandora, as long as Pandora has a normal libc etc

<FrodeSolheim> but much code would probably have to be written

<FrodeSolheim> (well, perhaps anyway)

<THB> would you mind if I posted this conversation into that thread?

<FrodeSolheim> converting to OpenGL ES for instance (if there is no full OpenGL implementation)

<THB> perhaps a dev will become interested

<FrodeSolheim> writing a new input system (if SDL is not available there)

That sounds good - thanks for contacting Frode.

Since the emu is based on the latest WinUAE sources a port probably won't be faster than P-UAE on Pandora. But maybe it will if the cpu intense "cycle-exact emulation" (which is enabled in FS UAE) would be deactivated? With OPP5 at 1GHz...

I'm certain it'd be a lot of work to port this. I'd donate if Pickle would take on the task.

Anyone interested in porting this to the pandora?Pickle? Mcobit? If it's viable etc. I will put down a 100 euro bounty to start. Full and optimised amiga emulation on the pandora is a must.

http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae

A multi-platform Amiga emulator

FS-UAE is an Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X based on UAE/WinUAE, with a focus on emulating games.

Features include emulation of Amiga 500, 1200, 4000, CD32 and CDTV, perfectly smooth scrolling on 50Hz displays, support for floppy images in ADF and IPF formats, CD-ROM images in ISO or BIN/CUE format, mounting folders on your computer as Amiga hard drives, support for Picasso 96 drivers for high-color and high-resolution Workbench displays, and more…

A unique feature is support for cross-platform online play. You can now play Amiga games against (or with) friends over the Internet.

The emulator uses the latest Amiga emulation code from the WinUAE project and requires a moderately fast computer with accelerated graphics (OpenGL) to work. A game pad or joystick is recommended, but not required (FS-UAE can emulate a joystick using the cursor keys and right ctrl/alt keys).

FS-UAE is fully controllable with a gamepad, with an on-screen GUI, which means that you can easily swap floppies and load save states with your gamepad. In addition to being great on your personal computer, FS-UAE is also well suited to be started from an emulator frontend running on a HTPC.

Don't know if already reported here.

I'm moving this over to General Talk, since the Software News section is really meant for Pandora releases. ;)

Ok, but the forum is quoted:

"Just released a new software? Or found new software somewhere else? Post about it here!"

I don't really want to argue semantics, but at the top of that forum there's also a sticky dating back to January 2011, titled "Please use this forum for Pandora software releases only", which contains the text quoted below. ;)

Hey all, just a reminder that this section of the forum is for Pandora software releases only.

If you have more general news ("New Linux thing released!") or questions ("Will xxxxx run on Pandora?") please head to the General Forum.

If you'd like to see something ported to Pandora (and you have links to the source code) please consider adding it to the Port Requests page on the wiki.

Don't want to argue neither, i just explained why i created the thread here ^^.

Plz don't give me a warning point ;) .

Hahaha, why would I? :) You haven't done anything wrong!

Anyway, I'll step out, now. :p We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, and all that.

gah! got all excited thinking this had been ported to pandora! :lol:

Back