Amiga Game Downloads/files

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hello, I'm new on here so don't tear me to shreds!!

I'm familiar with emulation on my Amiga, I have whdload and can just save .zip files to my games folder and they work instantly.

I'm getting a GP2X for crimbo and wondered if it's just as easy on this? Where do you get the games from? Roms reference removed has Game Park stuff on it so could I just take the emulator and games from that site?

Can it read multiple files i.e. zip/ipf/adf etc???

One last question, some people have suggested waiting for the GP3X, is this even in the pipeline???

Sorry about the spanish inquisition I'm just very keen on getting one of these, they seem too good to be true!

NickLoTurco said:
Hello, I'm new on here so don't tear me to shreds!!

I'm familiar with emulation on my Amiga, I have whdload and can just save .zip files to my games folder and they work instantly.

I'm getting a GP2X for crimbo and wondered if it's just as easy on this? Where do you get the games from? Roms reference removed has Game Park stuff on it so could I just take the emulator and games from that site?

Can it read multiple files i.e. zip/ipf/adf etc???

One last question, some people have suggested waiting for the GP3X, is this even in the pipeline???

Sorry about the spanish inquisition I'm just very keen on getting one of these, they seem too good to be true!
WHDLOAD plays zips?? is this true. Ive got it on a real amiga and it doesnt appear to do that. Or has it been updated recently?
WHDload may work on the GP2X amiga emulators but it is probably better using ADFS. Its not as simple as clicking on a whdload icon but is pretty easy

You will probably have to search for the games yourself as rom site posting is not allowed. Try searching for Amiga tosec on a torrent site

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using ADF for amiga emulation on Gp2X.
It's pretty easy to use:
Go to the menu (changing options)
Click on Floppy1 ADF
Search your ADF on your SD
Run the Emu.

I don't know if this emu is better than on other handhelds because I only have a 2X :)
But from what I have red and from looking at the names of the dream team behind UAE4ALL for 2X I would say that this one is the best.

There's a new Gp2X F200 coming up with touchscreen (this will be a nice feature for the mini virtual keyboard included in the emu).
For the 3X E-Dragon, it depends if you wish to wait until... December at best; February most probably.

I wasn't asking for the roms!! I got them for my Amiga from a special source!!! I won't talk about it anymore!

Oh by the way, my version of easyadf I purchased from Amiga Kit is the most up to date one. It's being updated all the time. The one I have can read zip files without having to convert them to adf's, it's very clever and saves alot of time. You just go to whdownload.com, save the zips to your SD card, slap it into the Amiga, then transfer the files over to a specified folder and they work straight off, I love it!

Just some tips on where to find great free Amiga games that used to be big commercial hits:

Team17 has kindly released all of their Amiga games as freeware through their official fansite http://www.dream17.co.uk/

Factor 5 also has some of their Amiga back catalogue available for free at their website.

And let's not forget CinemaWare's Vault, though this one requires free registration to gain access to the goodies.

NickLoTurco said:
Oh by the way, my version of easyadf I purchased from Amiga Kit is the most up to date one. It's being updated all the time. The one I have can read zip files without having to convert them to adf's, it's very clever and saves alot of time. You just go to whdownload.com, save the zips to your SD card, slap it into the Amiga, then transfer the files over to a specified folder and they work straight off, I love it!
ahh i see you are acually confusing 2 different things there.

ADFS are images of floppy disks. WHDload is a different thing all together.

WHDLoad is a way to put amiga games onto harddrive as amigas dont play adfs (Ok you can get software that does but its complicated and doesnt run nondos disks)
You do need to register WHDload to get the most out of it at whdload.de

BTW that site is hosting illigal game file downloads i suggest you delete the link

No no no!!! I'm a registered user of WHDLOAD so I know what it is.....do you mean the whdownload site is illegal? Where are we meant to get all the games then? If I knew I'd get them legally instead!

So where do the Amiga adfs exist that are compatible with the GP2???

How many times do you need to be told. Don't ask for links and don't post links. If it's illegal then show some respect to Hando (the owner of this site) and don't bring it anywhere near his forum.

The site you linked to was not the official whdload site which is www.whdload.de

the whdload site gives you the install scripts not the actual game files. You are supposed to already own the game.
The site you gave gives the whdload files with the game files already installed. ADFS usually dont work with whdload install scripts.

ADFS can be found on the internet or on torrent sites but you will have to find them yourself. Back to the roots used to have all the legal ones but its gone now. you could make your own if you have an Amiga.

NickLoTurco said:
No no no!!! I'm a registered user of WHDLOAD so I know what it is.....do you mean the whdownload site is illegal? Where are we meant to get all the games then? If I knew I'd get them legally instead!

So where do the Amiga adfs exist that are compatible with the GP2???

Here's what's left of Back To The Roots - this is all legally distributable:

ftp://ftp.back2roots.org/pub/back2roots/

You'll have to rummage around to find anything, but there's still stuff available.

Back