Amusing fan bases.

Stradian

It just makes me laugh when ever I go to any forum or chat-system-thingy concerning hardware. You have the typical 5 fan-bases in their own comers of a pentagon: The Sony followers, the Apple-loyalists, the Marcoshafts, Ninten-wens, and the S.P.E.C.S. . All of them, typically on some blog (engadget, cough, cough), dishing it out for their kind of brand loyalty. It sicking to me, that these people have to one up each other, for what reason, I do not know.

From my point of view, here is a observe these questionably sane hordes and their closed devices.

1. Sony Followers: These followers love to spend money only on Sony of course. Even though their aging console is aging, they believe it has more power then anything. They are relentless in flashing it. With the new psphone and PSP2 coming out, even though they are firm believers in home brew and android support, They keep forgetting they are dealing with Sony; The same Sony that played cat and mouse with hackers I mean Pirates with the PSP and remove Other OS from the ps3. BESIDES, you are only renting sony's console! Other then that, 3D looks so affordable to them.

2. Apple loyalists hate any other. They believe only in Job's creation. They claim anything with apple is the messiah, and anything is else is pleasantry. They forget what it really is: a device controlled by apple. Can't do much with anything unless its from their store.

3. Ah, the Macroshafts! The most delusional people on earth. Xboxes love to break, and the fan boys love to replace. hackers I mean Pirates have no chance as Macroshaft loves to sue any modder. Full of screaming children, They are just simply addicted to their halo and CoD. With the Wendows phone coming out, some are convinced it CAN play full xbox live games. Here comes the Kinect, Its like the Wii, but it ensures that R&D has two more years off.

4. Ninten-wens are probably the most sane and humble of the five. Its just they be humbled by the others who like to win pissing contests over specs. However, they are making a racket with the 3DS: ITS GOT THE 3Dz AND STUFF...LITTLE BATTERY, BUT IT WILL BE FIXED IN A YEAR!, Sigh... To think I had faith in them.

5. Last, but not least, the SPECS. Worship only the best of the best. I'll give credit to them, they are not at least (sometimes) brand loyal. However they love to be lied to about what the hardware can actually do. All they see is numbers, Higher the number the better it is to them. Except price of course. These people usually will take power over life. IT MUST: Have Intel and Nvidia, because by golly, anything else is a waste of their time. It must have a gigahertz, and have two or more cores or it will be too slow. It must have at least have 32 gigabytes of storage space on a solid state, or the data won't fit. BUT WAIT! After you read this, that device is now obsolete and you now require this new, more expensive device, that is 7% better.

.=.=.=.=

I am soon going to hate hardware. Take this from a guy who can fit into all five in a way.

Its not I like to boast about my equipment, it is just that I like to play games.

Last edited by a moderator:
So true. So very, very true.

But to balance it out, now you have to point out flaws in the Pandora and GP2X communities.

But to balance it out, now you have to point out flaws in the Pandora and GP2X communities.
Many have pointed out valid flaws already, however, I don't mind them.

You are forgetting fans of the band TOOL they are hilarious :D (the band is okay but the fans with their fibonacci and other theories)

[...] fibonacci [...]
Did you know that the fibonaccy number sequence is also related to the golden ratio?

Just look at this: http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/52681.html

That's really cool, right?

RIGHT?!?

I guess you won't be inviting me home next year now...

tree.png

Source: http://xkcd.com/835/

PS: To make matters even worse I want to note that I'm not a fan of "TOOL". :)

Number 5 is should be called 'the ultimate consumer whore', other variants of this infliction cause people that throw away mountains of cloths because they are not 'in' anymore. Or people that are always using new terms to replace 'cool'.

[...] fibonacci [...]
Did you know that the fibonaccy number sequence is also related to the golden ratio?

Just look at this: http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/52681.html

That's really cool, right?

RIGHT?!?

I guess you won't be inviting me home next year now...

PS: To make matters even worse I want to note that I'm not a fan of "TOOL". :)

i don't mind fibonacci or his sequence of numbers its the tool fans that get silly with it. Just google tool fibonacci to see what I mean :D http://mog.com/EricS37/blog/38219 really it's a couple of songs, and they end up quoting 'dune' Like I said hilarious :D

@Christoph.Krn - That is really cool... Errrmm I think I need a pint now...

Many have pointed out valid flaws already, however, I don't mind them.

You are forgetting fans of the band TOOL they are hilarious :D (the band is okay but the fans with their fibonacci and other theories)

If you name your band Tool you're bound to end up with fans that are tools!

Back