Gbax.com (gp32x.com)

Mangaroo

Still Fresh
[uk version] I write emails to you and i phoned you on so many occasions during the last few months, all my emails are ignored, and i am lied to by telephone.

I buy a sony psp with a ONE YEAR GUARENTEE in capital letters on their site. That guarentee is still valid for another 7 months. My sony psp has a sticky and unresponsive square button, something which is in covered by sony and so covered by gp32x according to them. Now because "sony doesnt allow us to fix it" they refuse to help me.
They tell me im supposed to send it to sony europe (even though its a japanese console) and they have agreed to fix it. So naturally i phone sony europe the same minute, and they tell me that they do not endorse unnofficial retailers, and so they have no bearing on whether or not they can repair the consoles. If i were to send it to sony europe they would charge me £130 ( $234.442) not including delivery.
I heard so many people dealing well with gbax and gp32x and of only positive things about Craig etc, but this is extremely terrible customer services, and i at least expect a refund and apology. They can reply to you within the hour if you want to buy from them, but if you have a problem with a faulty product they sold you, then i havent got a single reply, and it has been 3 months, were i have continualy emailed them.

At least reply here to show how you deal with customers.

Sorry about posting it on your site, and im sure you deal much better with customers then gp2x.co.uk. If anyone has any comments about the situation please feel free to reply.

I would reccomend persistant moaning at Sony. An unresponsive Square button can make the system not perform it's intended function and the device is covered is covered by a warentee.

You've got the consumer rights act on your side , keep moaning/shouting at tech support reps and one of them will crack and let you return it for free of charge/postage costs.

hi i know thats the point, but i dont have a european warrantee since they sold me a japanese model, and gbax are telling me to send it to them ($234!) i tried to contact japan but they have no clue what i am saying..and think about how much it would cost me to send to them!
Because of my one year guarentee, and their faulty product, they should at least send me a new one or full refund, i mean its really frustrating =(
feel my pain! :)

gbax dont have a forum, and i saw gbax was in this sites news and they personnally mentioned Craig, i was hoping he would catch this and help me out, because their coworkers are no good liars BASICALLY. before i even bought the psp, i phoned to ask about the dead pixels because i was quite worried about them, since i was basically paying $500 for the model. She tells me only 4 people out of the 1000's they sold had dead pixels. 4 of my friends also bought from them, and 3 of them had dead pixels as did I 6. I wouldnt be so annoyed about it if they just told the truth, as theres nothing they can do because even sony didnt except it, BUT they can sort this problem out by replacing refund. Hear me Craig!

I know all about that which is why I accepted it at first and actually phoned sony europe and explained the problem, and they said that it did not matter, since they were not actually selling the psp anymore and i have a guarentee. I mean that ABSOLUTE cheap minimum is to refund me £130 for repair costs with sony, i mean thats just common sense

its ABSOLUTELY not pointless, i spent £240 on a faulty product which has a 1 year guarentee and refuse to help me fix it, thats terrible customer services.

Well, it's not craig's fault the damn thing is faulty. I can understand your anger but I also understand that craig is not handing out a hundred pounds for free. I don't know the legal situation but my guess is that you have to try it at Sony.

Erm its not Craig's fault that its faulty, but its his responsibility to fix it, thats the point of a guarentee. I will take it to Sony if gbax Refuse to fix it/refund me the cost of the unit, IF they pay the cost that Sony is charging ME to fix the faulty product THEY sold me....thats like $600 just to get a working psp after 4 months of hassle.
"craig is not handing out a hundred pounds for free" its not for free at all, its covering my expenses as a customer. I will even send them back the psp if they want it, if they will refund my money, im student not a millionaire $600 is a lot of money for me.

Check if you indeed do have a warranty with GBAX and if it applies to the square button. If it does, sue craig. If it does not, go to Sony.

please read the whole post first yaustar, i understand the square button will be fixed by sony (if you have their warranty) but i bought the model and guarentee from gbax.

Edit: im hoping it will never come to that, because firstly i cant afford it, and secondly i expected this to be dealt with more friendly, i thought they were a respect professional business company after all.

If Gbax even REFUSE to pay me the £130 that it would cost me to get it fixed (their responsibility to a customer who has a guarentee) then i will guess just donate my psp or something, but at least this will inform a lot of people about how gbax (gp32x.co.uk) deal with their customers.

I think what Craig meant by his post is this:

Sony sued importers in Europe to stop people from buying PSP's prior to the official launch. So basically any imported PSP's bought that way won't be honored for service by Sony. So GBAX can no longer honor the guarantee because Sony won't honor it.

So basically it's not Craig's decision it's Sony's.

Honestly, anytime you import something you're taking a chance.

The system is only faulty due to Sony's manufacturing process. As far as the retailer is concerned, the system is fine. It's like having a dead pixel on the screen.

Side note: I am looking for the page with that guarentee so I can check the terms and conditions.

but i didnt buy the guarentee from sony, i bought it from gbax who have no ties with sony. So if they dont have the means to fix it themselves, at least refund or pay for repair, i mean its just morally right.

"Honestly, anytime you import something you're taking a chance."

I have dealt with many importers, and when things are faulty i get excellent customer service, like with play-asia etc. its just how the company treats with its customers thats the issue.

whats the point of gbax lieing to its customers about a guarentee they have with the product. its not a guarentee, its just sony's warranty.

The point is there is nothing wrong with the system for GBAX to guarentee since it was a design flaw. It's up to Sony to recall/repair systems that are affected by this flaw (see note on Xbox power cable and PS2 slimline power cable recall). If it was something like the UMD drive decided to stop working then I would be honest and say "Yes, you do have a case. Do whatever you like to GBAX".

If worst comes to worst, flash it with a us firmware, buy a US PSP. Do a swap and return for refund.

thing is gbax said they would fix it previously because it WAS their responsibility to get it fixed for selling me a faulty product.
I tried to get it fixed with their address but they went down for like a month. Not all the products were faulty, but mine was. Now they wont even help me fix it.

what happend to customer satisfaction/help etc...they just screw you over, and take small loops to get out of their responsibilty, appauling.. and i hope people take this on board if they are considering to buy from them...me and my other friends strongly advice against it.

oh, if they said they would repair it then that's different. They are going back on their word. Tbh, to save hassle I would just do the swap on a high st retailer.

OrR posted on Sep 19 2005 at 05:02 PM said:
Well, it's not craig's fault the damn thing is faulty.

in the UK, faulty goods are covered by the seller, not the maker of the product sold.

so, a reply such as....

It isn't our fault the goods are defective - go back to the manufacturer

Is untrue, you bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract (unless he was acting as the manufacturer's agent).

Although Private sales

When you buy goods from a private individual, you don't have the same rights as when buying from a trader. The legal principle of caveat emptor, or ‘buyer beware’, operates. You have no rights to expect that goods be of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose, but there is a requirement that they should be ‘as described’.

check out
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin...DV0043-1011.txt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back