No no no this is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it after having other things to do for 2 hours, this still is absolutly strange to my mind. I simply cannot get sense out of this.

Some are saying: "Don't take it that serious". But this IS serious. These forums are the heartbeat of the pandora community. Without community there is no pandora. It IS important what happens here, it's important for the entire project.

The main reason I visit these boards are the general matureness, good style and serious topics discussed(I mean, nothing like "Justin Biber has a new girlfriend"). There are a few who damaged this picture for me. SONY is definetly one of them(99 posts a day!!! I don't want to be seen with people spending that much time in a forum), but well, he is just one of many. Every forum has such ghosts, they aren't preventable.

But: he is made mod. The single fact that there are 4 threads here about that topic shows that something is wrong about that. Mods should be mature and should stay invisible as such. WE made suggestions who we want to see as mods and we were pretty united who WE want to see. The fact that Craig chooses someone else is just an insult. To me. To the whole community thing. We elect a government, someone else gets leader. This is an offence to my democratic grown mind.

It doesn't matter to me how he behaves now. I KNOW how he acted before and I feel disgusted that someone like that can rule me now. There are people who proved great matureness and selfdicipline over years in this community. They deserve the honour to lead us. Not someone who trolled around for years. He has already had his 2nd and 3rd chance.

End effect: Craig doesn't care about peoples opinions, I know that. I feel extremly pissed off by this whole thing. And because arguments don't matter to mister "don't take it serious" I am going to sell my pandora tomorrow. It's going to be one premium sold less, hope that that is an argument that gets notification. Thats all I can throw in. This was a nice project to follow over the last years, but just the thought about the things going on here makes me wish to vomit. I have enough of you games, Craig!

Goodbye everyone.

Geez, please don't sell your Pandora over this >_> Pandora is about way more than these boards (which really aren't very bad, just a few rough edges) and they're also about way more than Craigix.. think about the people who put the most time into designing the hardware and software, I think you'll come up with more than Craig. But most of all, think about what you get out of owning it.

And don't think anyone is going to take you more seriously over this :/ Probably quite the contrary..

Please everyone, Pandora is a device that you buy to have fun and accomplish things on. It's not this forum, it's not a political movement, it's not a beacon of ideology for mankind. It has a good community and yes, its software depends on the community, but otherwise the social aspect here doesn't make or break it. I'm first in line to balk at the people who hide behind their "internet serious business" crap when they want to demean someone else, they're usually massive hypocrites. And when it comes to arguments on these boards I'm sure Craig is as passionate as anyone he chastises. But this time there really isn't anything worth fighting over and the "drama" really is kind of snowballing on its volition.

Making Sony a mod was a stupid and arbitrary thing to do (and I say this not having any kind of hard feelings against the guy, I just don't think he was a reasonable candidate) but it's done... ED agreed to pull him if it comes to it and I trust ED's judgment. I'm sure he'll prevent anything really terrible from happening, or stop it after one terrible thing at worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
End effect: Craig doesn't care about peoples opinions, I know that. I feel extremly pissed off by this whole thing. And because arguments don't matter to mister "don't take it serious" I am going to sell my pandora tomorrow. It's going to be one premium sold less, hope that that is an argument that gets notification. Thats all I can throw in. This was a nice project to follow over the last years, but just the thought about the things going on here makes me wish to vomit. I have enough of you games, Craig!

Goodbye everyone.

Now that is an immature and premature reaction. Please consider this some more, are you really just gonna throw away this incredible device (you waited so long for) and the possibilities because someone you don't like was named mod in a forum on the internet?

EDIT: Exophase said it better

Thinking about it after having other things to do for 2 hours, this still is absolutly strange to my mind. I simply cannot get sense out of this.

Some are saying: "Don't take it that serious". But this IS serious. These forums are the heartbeat of the pandora community. Without community there is no pandora. It IS important what happens here, it's important for the entire project.

The main reason I visit these boards are the general matureness, good style and serious topics discussed(I mean, nothing like "Justin Biber has a new girlfriend"). There are a few who damaged this picture for me. SONY is definetly one of them(99 posts a day!!! I don't want to be seen with people spending that much time in a forum), but well, he is just one of many. Every forum has such ghosts, they aren't preventable.

But: he is made mod. The single fact that there are 4 threads here about that topic shows that something is wrong about that. Mods should be mature and should stay invisible as such. WE made suggestions who we want to see as mods and we were pretty united who WE want to see. The fact that Craig chooses someone else is just an insult. To me. To the whole community thing. We elect a government, someone else gets leader. This is an offence to my democratic grown mind.

It doesn't matter to me how he behaves now. I KNOW how he acted before and I feel disgusted that someone like that can rule me now. There are people who proved great matureness and selfdicipline over years in this community. They deserve the honour to lead us. Not someone who trolled around for years. He has already had his 2nd and 3rd chance.

Goodbye everyone.

My 2 cents:

Don't sell your Pandora and don't leave this community.

You should already know the deal. There is always someone, who might offend someone else. This is nothing new and I think we have to live with it.

I was pretty pissed off by a lot of things Craig or others said, but I can get over that.

We all want this project to mature, so we have to mature ourselves.

About SONY:

I am under the impression, that a child is always screaming, when it is alone and wants attention. Give it something to play with and it will calm down.

It might have been a controversial choice but personally I don't see the problem. Sony just likes to have a laugh, I've never read any of his posts as vindictive or spiteful. He's got a lot of enthusiasm for the Pandora, not necessarily a quality for a good mod but it shows his commitment to the project at least.

I don't think of any mods as having power over us, not in a sinister way. Maybe it will go pear shaped, but if it does then he'll get a smacked bum and it'll get sorted. In any event, he seems to be taking it seriously and I for one welcome giving him a chance.

Goodbye everyone.

Hi

So that's two people moving on and selling over this decision, yourself and one other who Pmed me.

Can the OPT team not see how insulted a good many of the Pandora users here feel over this decision ?

I like SONY,he makes the forums livelier & even if the posts sometimes get out of hand, it just makes it more fun. Would you rather

like a forum that is dull and boring like watching C-span or something?

Sony helping out

Wow, you really have spit your dummy out over this one! Ah well, hopefully you can sell your Pandora for a reasonable price which will allow someone who is better suited to the scene to take part.

Goodbye everyone.

Bye!

D.

You know... at the end of the day I am just so grateful I *have* a Pandora. I could feel myself getting emotional and caught up in this drama... So I pulled myself back.

The truth is nothing ever works out the way we think it should. This is actually a blessing... life would not be worth living otherwise.

Thank heavens for people we disagree with.

Thank heavens for adversity.

I can't tell you how many times in my life I've written off whole groups of friends because there was some aspect I strongly disagreed with.

At the time I believed I was standing by my principles... it's obvious to me now that I was cutting off my nose to spite my face.

If I hadn't been so angry at the time, I would have realized the value of tolerance and detachment... and I wouldn't have missed out on all the other worthwhile aspects those people had that could've enriched me.

Ah well... such is life. You live and learn. :)

Goodbye everyone.
I just want to throw my two cents in by saying that even though I don't think leaving is the answer, Craig's idea of community engagement has caused me to ask some serious questions too. If the way I feel, and the posts of others, are any indication, Craig's antics are seriously damaging the enthusiasm in this community and causing feelings of disillusionment. If it were just him responsible for this, I might have asked for a refund too, but I don't want to throw MWeston, ED, Fatih, DJWillis, notaz, skeezix, and everyone else who has sunk time into this under a bus just because of Craig. I can't speak for others, but if I were to lose faith in EvilDragon's judgement, that would make it a lot harder for me to justify the time investment of developing for the Pandora, so ED, please don't be afraid to stand up to Craig if he does anything even more ridiculous than this.

Also, well said FaeMinx.

Goodbye everyone.
I just want to throw my two cents in by saying that even though I don't think leaving is the answer, Craig's idea of community engagement has caused me to ask some serious questions too. If the way I feel, and the posts of others, are any indication, Craig's antics are seriously damaging the enthusiasm in this community and causing feelings of disillusionment. If it were just him responsible for this, I might have asked for a refund too, but I don't want to throw MWeston, ED, Fatih, DJWillis, notaz, skeezix, and everyone else who has sunk time into this under a bus just because of Craig. I can't speak for others, but if I were to lose faith in EvilDragon's judgement, that would make it a lot harder for me to justify the time investment of developing for the Pandora, so ED, please don't be afraid to stand up to Craig if he does anything even more ridiculous than this.

Also, well said FaeMinx.

Hi

Good words and I agree :)

Can someone lock/close this thread aswell? I mean there's plenty of goodwill and common sense. Faeminx and Alerino in particular. But all the bitchin and moaning about this now is getting beyond me. The decisions been made now , why not see how it goes? instead of using it as a platform to slag Craig off.

Goodbye everyone.

Also, well said FaeMinx.

Hi

Good words and I agree :)

Grow up idiot(s). If it wasn't for Craig, this whole project wouldn't exist. He's passionate about the damn device and I think he's allowed to exactly what he likes now and again. Jeezuz - I still haven't got my Pandora - do you hear me 'dissin' Craig all the time? Okay, I mention it pretty much every time I post but I don't call people names (well except you lot, just now).

Honestly, it's a bl00dy forum for a goddamn games console - chill the smegging hell out!

Honestly, it's a bl00dy forum for a goddamn games console - chill the smegging hell out!

Lol that's classic and so true :lol:

You know... at the end of the day I am just so grateful I *have* a Pandora. I could feel myself getting emotional and caught up in this drama... So I pulled myself back.

The truth is nothing ever works out the way we think it should. This is actually a blessing... life would not be worth living otherwise.

Thank heavens for people we disagree with.

Thank heavens for adversity.

I can't tell you how many times in my life I've written off whole groups of friends because there was some aspect I strongly disagreed with.

At the time I believed I was standing by my principles... it's obvious to me now that I was cutting off my nose to spite my face.

If I hadn't been so angry at the time, I would have realized the value of tolerance and detachment... and I wouldn't have missed out on all the other worthwhile aspects those people had that could've enriched me.

Ah well... such is life. You live and learn. :)

And that's why I proposed him as moderator, FaeMinx the great pacifier. Well said!

Not everyone from SA is this way. I've got two Boerboels, they tend to be a lot less peacefull in conflict situations. :p

edit: spelling

Relax, it's only a forum
Sure it is, but remember that pandora only exists in it's current form because of an internet "serious business" forum, not much else. You could've met ED some other way as you both were GP2X distributors, but it's not very likely people like DjWillis, skeezix, DaveC and me would have ever met or let alone done what was done without "serious business" internet channels. You might want to say you could have hired a team or just sent boards to random people with hope to get work done for that, but let me remind you the wifi driver consultant and the amount of boards that went to people that never sent anything back.

And that's why I proposed him as moderator, FaeMinx the great pacifier. Well said!

I still don't think I would be very good with moving threads around and 'policing' people... But tell you what, if they ever need some official Forum 'Mediators' I'll volunteer my services. ;)

Until then, I'll continue to do my best unofficially. :)

Not everyone from SA is this way. I've got two Boerboels, they tend to be a lot less peacefull in conflict situations. :p

An old friend of mine had a Boerboel... scary scary dog. It had crazy eyes man. Crazy eyes. :blink:

Can someone lock/close this thread aswell?
Unfortunately, I'm unsure whether this is the best approach at this particular moment in time. I strongly suspect that if this one were to be closed or such, that another one (or possibly multiples) will be made. My impression is that a flood like this would lead to more bad-feeling than already exists (those of the school of thought that problems with the community might influence people's perception of the product are probably aware that this would probably apply here also).

If things get out-of-hand, and especially if reports are made, I will do something about it. However, I prefer to trust that folks around here can be sensible adults, and be by-and-large self-regulating (I trust this because I've observed it time and time again), rather than behave like chumps and require intervention. :p

I propose we all go and play on our pandoras (apologies to those that are still waiting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back