No no no this is not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 1 cent, if sony is a mod, we lose his silliness as a member, which some people here like or are ok with, unless he posts nude women smoking cigars, or censored nude women tied up with gamecube controllers.

my other cent, according to craig, blueprotoman would also be a great mod as hes also very enthusiastic and is here quite often.

my nickel and dime, this is the best possible compliment to Prometheous, calling her the extreme opposite of SONY, well played craig, and well deserved MegaMod, now where is the WizardStan promotion in all this?

Can someone lock/close this thread aswell?
Unfortunately, I'm unsure whether this is the best approach at this particular moment in time. I strongly suspect that if this one were to be closed or such, that another one (or possibly multiples) will be made. My impression is that a flood like this would lead to more bad-feeling than already exists (those of the school of thought that problems with the community might influence people's perception of the product are probably aware that this would probably apply here also).

If things get out-of-hand, and especially if reports are made, I will do something about it. However, I prefer to trust that folks around here can be sensible adults, and be by-and-large self-regulating (I trust this because I've observed it time and time again), rather than behave like chumps and require intervention. :p

Yes you make a good point. Keep up the good moderation m'am B)

What, he is mod now?

Seems like even here, shameless ass-kissing will get you anywhere.

I propose we all go and play on our pandoras (apologies to those that are still waiting!)
I'm still waiting for mine. :(

Anywho, on the topic:

I have read some others' discussions and arguments regarding the ethics behind his decision to edit his past posts, and have decided to retract my opinion that it would be a good idea for him to do so. I still believe it to be an admirable effort, but I do feel it's true that going back and editing those posts may cause confusion to the flow of the threads in question, and masking a bad past is certainly not something that should be done.

HOWEVER, now that the "How about some more moderators?" thread got locked by Sony, I can't even go back and retract what I said in that thread, or even reply to it. :angry:

I don't agree with the whole bashing Craig thing, but I definitely disagree with his decision to make Sony a mod. I simply don't understand the logic of it. Now that the decision has been made, I will respect it and see where it goes. If it doesn't fare well I will state so in PMs to other mods and staff members, and I encourage others to do the same.

Like it or not, these forums are, officially or unofficially, the largest voice of the entire Pandora project. A device like this is nothing without the community, and seeing some of the regulars threatening to leave over this absolutely makes me feel this is a serious issue to them. I appeal to those members to take a breather for a bit and watch the forums for a week to see how Sony does.

This thread should not be locked. Others have pointed out valid arguments, and while some seem angry, I have yet to see a post from these folks that I feel is just plain objectionable.

Lastly, I find it ironic that "Sony" is moderating the Pandora boards. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it quite heartening that people get so agitated about who mods and not. That must mean that all the real problems are gone if we got time to sweat the small stuff.

The logic I don't understand is logic of making a mod out of Sony, that's all. There were better candidates, it just seems very backwards. To be honest I'm not as bothered by it as much as it's bothered others, but I understand their point of view.

I've stated before that I've nothing against him, and that hasn't changed.

The logic I don't understand is logic of making a mod out of Sony, that's all. There were better candidates, it just seems very backwards. To be honest I'm not as bothered by it as much as it's bothered others, but I understand their point of view.

I've stated before that I've nothing against him, and that hasn't changed.

Hi

I did not understand the logic for the first two days.

Peace and quiet at last all across the forum.

FaeMinx said:
I was just as shocked as everyone else at first, but after some thought... I'm thinking Craig made an inspired decision. This could turn out to be a brilliant move.

Peace and quiet at last all across the forum.

;) :D

P.s. Sorry can't include the timestamp and post no. from that thread because it got locked.

But as Cas has stated, Craig is smarter than many give him credit for.

FaeMinx said:
Craig is smarter than many give him credit for.

True. I often think this... Craig may not be the most socially responsible dude-- as a matter of fact he can be quite autistic at times (exempli gratia: the Christmas video and the "What's your order number" fiasco where he cost us one of the founding devs)-- but he is not an idiot. He is a brilliant, brilliant man who has the sheer insanity needed to stick to his guns... sometimes the world needs people just like that.

On Sony becoming mod... there were better candidates, and I will miss the silliness and the girls tied up with GameCube controllers... and that's all I have to say about that.

Also, for your info, she is hideously bony. Much better off censored :( .

If i recall correctly, it was more of a phase across many threads. Might not be too difficult to find with a google phrase search. ;)

Indeed, I remember seeing plenty of references to it. I meant the part about a founding dev quitting the project over it, though. That seems like an important piece of Pandora backstory.

edit: nvm, found it

Indeed, I remember seeing plenty of references to it. I meant the part about a founding dev quitting the project over it, though. That seems like an important piece of Pandora backstory.

edit: nvm, found it

Thanks for the link! I am now suitably informed. I can fully see where Craig was coming from and if it were me, I probably would have caused a lot more damage. I'm sure I would have called some people ungrateful SOBs. :mellow:

That said - neither side was in the right - the reactions are understandable, but excessive and unnecessary IMO.

EDIT:

BaDToaD said:
OK think of it like this. Craig is a little guy that has invested his whole life in this product. If it fails he looses EVERYTHING. You guys on the other hands lose a handheld that wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Craig and the rest of the OP team having the balls to put everything on the line.

Craig isn't an ARM processor expert. In the past he probably believed and maybe still believes that overclocking won't harm the pandora but this thread and comments in it have caused him to doubt that. He simply can't afford to say yes over clocking will not void the warranty because if (and it's unlikely IMHO) a shedload of Pandoras fail due to over clocking and Craig has to replace them that's the end of OP and probably the end of Craigs business and income.

Didn't intend to re-puncture the seal on these Kanned Wurmz. There really is no shelf life on them :(

We need to move on and not dwell upon the past; my point was Craig makes socially irresponsible mistakes occasionally but he has never; ever been an idiot and there is almost always a reason for what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back