And I Thought Wii Was A Dumb Name For Something

PokeParadox posted on Aug 12 2006 at 07:48 AM said:
When I first heard of a phone being called "chocolate", my first thought was wtf... a phone made out of chocolate... won't that melt in your pocket...?
No, it'll melt in your mouth, just like M&M's. :rolleyes:

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard of the Mac?

Its a computer, but u cant wear it to keep the rain off.

Deleted User posted on Aug 12 2006 at 09:39 AM said:
Heard of the Mac?

You do know that its name comes from a kind of apple, right?

BaDToaD posted on Aug 12 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
Blah posted on Aug 12 2006 at 09:55 AM said:
I like the clunky Nokias, you can't kill them. Does this make me insane?

Agreed. Modern phones are just expensive PDA wanabees.

so true
but thats why people buy them, people dont just want a phone anymore. even though we all have to admit a camera on your phone is great.
but now you makee your own calenders, mp3, video playback.
its all good, but makes the price very high, and if you dont have a phone with all the latest gadgets, people ask you which century you live in

pantera6 posted on Aug 12 2006 at 10:54 PM said:

so true
but thats why people buy them, people dont just want a phone anymore. even though we all have to admit a camera on your phone is great.
its all good, but makes the price very high, and if you dont have a phone with all the latest gadgets, people ask you which century you live in

I love my palm m500 for book reading as it doesn't strain the eyes like a colour screen does. I was sitting on the bus one day on the way to work and this bloke is grinning at my palm m500. He's gets out his posh phone and kind of looks down his nose at my palm. So I put the palm away , get out my clie th55 plug in the phones and fire up an episode of the xfiles. Should have seen his face, it was a picture. In fact I should have taken one with the clie's camera ;) lol.

BaDToaD posted on Aug 12 2006 at 11:04 PM said:
pantera6 posted on Aug 12 2006 at 10:54 PM said:

so true

I love my palm m500 for book reading as it doesn't strain the eyes like a colour screen does. I was sitting on the bus one day on the way to work and this bloke is grinning at my palm m500. He's gets out his posh phone and kind of looks down his nose at my palm. So I put the palm away , get out my clie th55 plug in the phones and fire up an episode of the xfiles. Should have seen his face, it was a picture. In fact I should have taken one with the clie's camera ;) lol.
Reminds me of a kid, named simon, was bashing the GP2x for being a PSP rip off and that his GBA movie player was better, used with his DS. So I promptly fired up a couple of films on it, with my bigger screen, FPS count of over 5 and all at a decent bitrate. Then I played vektar.

Ravnos posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:01 PM said:
Heard of the Mac?

Maybe so. Still can't eat them

Deleted User posted on Aug 12 2006 at 06:09 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:01 PM said:
Heard of the Mac?

Maybe so. Still can't eat them
Speak for yourself.

Yo, my cellphone is 3 years old now, and i dont think of changing it. The only way they could get me to buy a new one would be incorporating some laser/death ray feature.

Seriously, i already have a PDA, cam, 5 multimedia handhelds etc. so why should i bother with a cellphone's measly attempts at replacing them?

My grandparents all had very old phones, which they thought fine; they could make calls with them. Recently, however, phone companies have been disconnecting older phones. They've had to buy new ones, which isn't really fair, is it?

Yes.

Disconnect the bastards!

Nah, it is pretty unfair. But if they are having problems with the new phones, tell them to have a look at the Vodafone SIMPLY range. They are phones designed with older people in mind. I bought one for my grandma and she loves it.

My phone only cost £25 (post christmas sales) but it does colour screen, [admittedly rubbish] camera, MP3, calendar and all that rubbish.

I doubt I could have found a cheaper phone but it seems people go out of their way to hate modern technology. It's not like all of these things push the price up; I bought a Siemens A55 black and white rubbish phone for £70 a few years ago. My new phone does exactly the same as my old one, has an easier to read screen and does a load of stuff I don't use, and costs just over 1/3 of the price.

I don't know why people on an internet forum for a geeky piece of technology need to be luddites about phones.

LHC posted on Aug 14 2006 at 11:51 PM said:
and does a load of stuff I don't use

I don't know why people on an internet forum for a geeky piece of technology need to be luddites about phones.
You answered your own question there.

It's probably because we have that geeky piece of technology and PDAs etc that we see no reason for a phone to be cluttered with crap alternatives to what we already have.

BaDToaD posted on Aug 15 2006 at 02:44 AM said:
LHC posted on Aug 14 2006 at 11:51 PM said:
and does a load of stuff I don't use

You answered your own question there.

It's probably because we have that geeky piece of technology and PDAs etc that we see no reason for a phone to be cluttered with crap alternatives to what we already have.
You highlighted the wrong part, so I corrected it for you. Just because I don't use it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be there. I know many people that use their camera, and MP3 capabilities. My phone isn't 'cluttered' either. In fact the interface has improved markedly from my previous phone. It hasn't pushed the price up, it doesn't get in the way, it hasn't made my phone bigger, it hasn't made my phone more difficult to navigate, so there is no harm in it being there.

Back