And The Nominees Are......

rmm2131

Since we are at the end(hopefully) or the beginning(optimistically), I wanted to share something i've been thinking about lately. Being a member here for a long time and watching the Pandora be, in a sense, "born" by incredible individuals, i've noticed two particular people beyond all the obvious brilliant devs and the resplendent Pandora team that have kept this place and the project from mild chaos, and I thought it was worth mentioning their names before things around here truly spiral skyward and we forget the road wasn't nearly so smoothed out.

irobot.jpg

Gruso is one person I want to give a thank you to. I think it's safe to say that with his blog, he and his team have kept us unceasingly interested in all things Pandorian. His contributed news scrapes and sense of humour(Simpsons, Star Trek) continue to keep us riveted with Pandora Press and the official forum. Gruso's devotion and energy are worth applause and this community wouldn't be the same today I believe without him.

darkness.jpg

Mali is the second person i'd like to thank. He has always provided direct information and shows others how valuable it is to be civil and respectful. Mali keeps a cool head every post he makes when others would rather bicker, stomp their feet, and brawl into page after page of lunacy toward the inevitable closed thread. It's easy to admire his benevolent attitude. He has always been diplomatic and his translations from the German forum absolutely useful. Mali's interests may include darkness, but he is an ace at showing others how to see the light.

Of course there are so many others who have contributed in knowledge and exuberance and entertainment beyond those mentioned(Exophase, WizardStan, Chip, trooper, Atomicthumbs, Dunny, VRAndy, Jumpman, Monk, etc...), but I picked just two.
ddd.gif

awards.jpg

And the award goes to...
klap_smilie.gif

Admittedly, these are suggestions only. The two people i've mentioned would be more than happy without these though(and that is why they deserve these honors).

For Gruso, maybe he could be the recipient of one of the first five production Pandoras(assuming they pass next week). He is a first batcher so a hearty bump up the line seems reasonable if possible for what he has given us.

For Mali, who is not a first batcher but has pledged interest in a second batch unit, maybe one of the first non-reserved 4000 could be set aside for him when he pays and second batches have started shipping. It would be nice for someone from the beginning to have one from the first batch although belatedly.
cheerlie.gif

Thanks for attending,
please tip your waitress on your way out.
cheer2.gif

I have to agree these two have been great assests to the community. Ive been in the community for a few years owning a gp32 up to the wiz and a pandora 1st batcher, i don't make many posts because i don't have much to give to the community. That is why members like these two and many others are essential and i am grateful for all of their efforts.

I'm sure if I get thanked any more people will start to be sick :p Thanks for the kind words though, seriously :blush: Regarding the blog, a big shout out to Atomicthumbs for the hosting & endless tweaking, and prodigal son Butterman for returning to the fold just when we needed him to. And partner in crime Screeny, who is always quick to share news when he has it.

may88 said:
So why are you not a first batcher? Always puzzled me.
I was a first batcher(ordered within the first minutes) till I cancelled my order mid February 09 in anger because of a stupid dispute with a MOD(none of these boards). I permanently regret it, but someone has to gather the info for the second batchers, so others might benefit from the situation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
may88 said:
I was a first batcher(ordered within the first minutes) till I cancelled my order mid February 09 in anger because of a stupid dispute with a MOD(none of these boards). I permanently regret it, but someone has to gather the info for the second batchers, so others might benefit from the situation :)
Just can't help thinking that you're going to be as sick as a parrot when we're all playing with ours. It's a noble thing you do *sniff*. I'm not sure I could do the same. You get my vote should this turn into a poll, but I'll cancel it when you're not looking and give it Gruso. :p

mali said:
may88 said:

I got in on the First batch pre-order just in the beginning of January 2010.. I filled in for someone's cancelled order. Sad for the person that cancelled I guess.

TrashyMG said:
I got in on the First batch pre-order just in the beginning of January 2010.. I filled in for someone's cancelled order. Sad for the person that cancelled I guess.
The next batch isn't that far away any more, as they've ordered the parts already. A few months means nothing to me. I'll enjoy reading the reviews and watching the software progressing in the meantime while I wait. The activity on the boards will surely explode, soon :)
It won't be that easy for second batchers to get the newest info, when everyone is busy tweaking their Pandoras, I suppose. So it's good to have a veteran at the right place ;)

They certainly are a massive part of the community. I've been trying to get them to diet, but to no avail :(

Great to see people being recognised - worth far more than mere trinkets, such as the Pandora. So... can I assume we move these guys to the end of the queue and we all move up 2 places? :D

Congrats to the two :)
I´d like to add that there are certain Dev´s and one Member of the Pandora group, who I think have done very much and could be honored also.
But those two are really important and we all can be happy that they are here with us :)

I just puked of all the ass kissing some (but me and a few others) doing around the boards.

*edited because it was to hard to understand too the ass kissers*

mali said:
may88 said:
When is the second batch coming out?

(Before you think critical, I just want to say that I found out about Pandora 3 days ago, so yes I don't have a lot of info about the Pandora.
But I watch videos, try to read as many blogs as possible, but I just need a heads up so that way I can save my money til then. That is all.)

Back