Android gingerbread in a pnd?

"Going Nuts" from playstore works, but doesn't display textures. It has just black polygons with red dots on them.
Yeah alot of games are like that riptide and asteroids 2012 also have blank textures but are working.

As far as I see, the Pandora connects to my router only with 1 MB/s.

Downloading now with only a few reconnects @ 80 kb/s a 235 MB gamedata file. Yesterday, the best data rate was only 40 kb/s.

I noticed that at this time some other WiFi accesspoints were on. Maybe this and the bad reception are causing the disconnects.

But why only under Android ?

For the driver question : I really have no clue from such things. I've tested the Wifi updater from repro. That should load the new modules, or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Going Nuts" from playstore works, but doesn't display textures. It has just black polygons with red dots on them.
Yeah alot of games are like that riptide and asteroids 2012 also have blank textures but are working.

Are you all using the 256MB Classic CC Pandora?

At least Riptide should work properly on the GC Pandoras.

Yes, gc pandoras are ok, but the older 256mb models have those graphicissues even with a lot of swap enabled, so it makes me think, that it is because of the sgx or older revision of the driver, as I heared, only newer sgx chips have a newer driver and the old units seem to be stuck wi whatever was the last one for them :(

All drivers are from the same release (only binary blobs differs as each SGX revision needs a separate one to work, but those are from the same TI release), so maybe it triggers chip bugs after all.

For the driver question : I really have no clue from such things. I've tested the Wifi updater from repro. That should load the new modules, or not ?

*checks out the wifi updater PND*

Erm... all that PND seems to do is unload the current driver and load the new one... - this works as a once off until the next time wifi is disabled. It then it tells you to reboot which would effectively undo the changes...

I'd suggest disabling wifi, then opening that PND, (but leave it at StreaK's idiotic licence prompt - ie don't answer the question) then open a terminal and do the following:

Code:
sudo cp /lib/modules/3.2.17/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl1251/* /media/SDCARDNAME/

sudo cp /mnt/utmp/wifi-updater-app/*.ko /lib/modules/3.2.17/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl1251/

The first line (properly modified with the path to your SD card) just backs up the original modules in case something goes wrong and you have to put them back.

The second line replaces the old modules with the new ones.

Once done you can enable the wifi as per normal and it should load the correct drivers every time.

- Neelix

Thanks for your help.

New drivers are loaded, but had 2 reconnects. But if it stays at it is, I can live with the situation.

Yes, gc pandoras are ok, but the older 256mb models have those graphicissues even with a lot of swap enabled, so it makes me think, that it is because of the sgx or older revision of the driver, as I heared, only newer sgx chips have a newer driver and the old units seem to be stuck wi whatever was the last one for them :(
yeah have downloaded shadowgun off the google play riptide as well shadowgun crashes and riptide has serious texture graphical issues asteroids 2012 aswell.

could chainfire 3d help with the graphic issues thats how i got shadowgun on the jxd.

I'm toying around with external input devices and need some help/hints.

At first, I've successfull connected my wireless keyboard. Works, even touchpad and mouse-buttons.

A Sixaxis gamepad is the second device on my USB-hub.

Unfortunetly the joydev module is missing, so it can't be used.

In terminal 'lsusb' shows, that the hardware is recognized.

On Play market is an App, called Gamepad IME. It can be enabled as input device, and should look in /dev/js* for input devices.

On the website of the author is a descrition and a script that shows how to load joydev.ko.

http://sven.killig....oid/GamepadIME/

Is it possible on this kernel to load the module ?

My linux knowledge is nearly zero, so I don't know how I can solve the problem myself.

A Sixaxis gamepad is the second device on my USB-hub.

Unfortunetly the joydev module is missing, so it can't be used.

In terminal 'lsusb' shows, that the hardware is recognized.

On Play market is an App, called Gamepad IME. It can be enabled as input device, and should look in /dev/js* for input devices.

On the website of the author is a descrition and a script that shows how to load joydev.ko.

http://sven.killing....oid/GamepadIME/

Is it possible on this kernel to load the module ?
You should not need that module, it's compiled in the kernel. Maybe the gamepad needs drivers? What does dmesg say when you connect it?

Attached dmesg output. As I said, have no clue from such things.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 452
Glad I'm not the only one with painfully slow wifi download speeds in android. Be nice if there was a way of forcing a close (not icon based) as when you get a problem I have to hard reset. I too have a 256mb pandora (one of the first 100 I believe (even though it's my third))

Yes, the controller works in PCSX. Wasn't even aware of the fact, that the emulator supports external gamepads. :)

I can mapp the buttons and even analog sticks are detected. Tested on Crash Bandicoot.

Hm, that realy bothers me, that this didn't work. ;)

I'm reading something for the joydev.ko and tried something. After Terminal input:

cat /dev/input/js0

I get some output while keypresses. It semms that even the motion sensors are recognized. If I move the pad, I get output.

Source is this thread:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1240278

This semms to work with several devices to enable gamepad input. But as I said before, can't put the pieces of my puzzle together. :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/a0igkTfkbdc?feature=oembed

Back