Android gingerbread in a pnd?

I doubt it has anything todo with android not being the default os though.

I was referring to the other devices having it as the default OS, thus they would obviously have got it working well for that reason. Just as if it was the main Pandora OS it would be working well too, as we would have had several years to make it so.

If you saw my first video nesoid and snesoid seem to run ok to me. Haven't tried mame4droid though.
Have tried three versions1.0 1.1 and 1.2 (mame4droid reloaded)and the just will not install pity as its very good have it on jxd s7100 and it plays most games sweet.

what mame4droid plays that pandora mame pnd's don't?
Mame4droid reloaded is based on mame 0.139 but is mainly pushed towards multicore soc's got it on my jxd s7100 and transformer prime and both play games that the pandora will never be able to like taito f3 based games ie gunlock ,darius gaiden run fullspeed but on the pandora run 40-50% zealer board hardware crystal of kings run fullspeed also stv titan hardware ie radiant silvergun has significant speed improvement on the prime jxd is around 40% prime 80% which is faster than my desktop tegra three is the bollocks shadowgun and riptide look amazing and are optimised for these systems ie dynamic lighting etc.
Yeah I thought they were the same version.
your thinking of mame4droid not reloaded thats like mame4all

Last edited by a moderator:
what mame4droid plays that pandora mame pnd's don't?
Mame4droid reloaded is based on mame 0.139 but is mainly pushed towards multicore soc's got it on my jxd s7100 and transformer prime and both play games that the pandora will never be able to like taito f3 based games ie gunlock ,darius gaiden run fullspeed but on the pandora run 40-50% zealer board hardware crystal of kings run fullspeed also stv titan hardware ie radiant silvergun has significant speed improvement on the prime jxd is around 40% prime 80% which is faster than my desktop tegra three is the bollocks shadowgun and riptide look amazing and are optimised for these systems ie dynamic lighting etc.

Yeah I thought they were the same version.
your thinking of mame4droid not reloaded thats like mame4all

Be nice to get this working so we could play Donkey Kong 2 - Jumpman Returns

I was referring to the other devices having it as the default OS, thus they would obviously have got it working well for that reason. Just as if it was the main Pandora OS it would be working well too, as we would have had several years to make it so.
Who is that "we" you are referring to?

Who is that "we" you are referring to?

What? It's a hypothetical situation where the Pandora ran Android for several years?

So, in ight of my signature, if this gets a stable release later on, which it probably will, I wouldnot mind at all devoting an sd card to this pnd. Not one with anything important on it, but removable bootable android could be cool.

Something is different in r3, related to the other versions.

On previous version, the output of adb shell looks quite normal. On r3 it is messed up.

But on Qtabd, now it is possible to browse the filesystem. That wasn't possible in the former releases.

/ ist set to r/w. On other devices, it is r/o. Can't change it with Root-Explorer /system and others are possible to change permissions.

On Market, don't know if it's only on my tests or a general problem, it isn't possible to allow all apps on Market-Filter.

An update of the now integrated Terminal programm is offered on Market. The Pandora semms to load the update and it aboards while install.

I saw that on a chinese Android TV Box, where apps are preloaded and not from market. Updates weren't possible. Only if you delete the app and download the Market signed version.

Maybe the Market problem has something to do with wrong signing and/or permissions.

But that's way over my mind. :(

Another difference to other devices, there is no IMEI like on phones or serial no. like on tablets under "settings".

Attached the messed shell output to illustrate the problem.

The problem is even after a complete clean new installation of Android.

adb_shell.PNG

An update of the now integrated Terminal programm is offered on Market. The Pandora semms to load the update and it aboards while install.
I guess that's why terminal's readme requests to rename it before building..

Attached the messed shell output to illustrate the problem.

The problem is even after a complete clean new installation of Android.
These are coming from busybox color support, should disable by default I guess.

Edit: Android supports any number of mount points. I know for a fact it can do 2 SD cards and a USB hdd at once because its what I use on my transformer.
Mountpoints yes, but all bultin and many externals apps only look in one place, EXTERNAL_STORAGE path. What's in there on your transformer? (echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE; ls $EXTERNAL_STORAGE)

[i dont follow this topic so apologise if the question was asked..]

Could this gingerbread.pnd be build as a small installer for SD cards only [and not as PND]?

Ah, first success ! :D

Found the solution, why programms in market didn't install. Simply the download cache is to small.

Here is a temporary solution.

in Terminal type in

Code:
su

mkdir /data/cache

busybox rm -rf /cache

busybox ln -s /data/cache /cache

Market did even an update to Google Play and I can see some of my downloaded apps.

But most apps are flaged as not compatible to my device. I believe now it's time to tune the build.prop.

Tried with MortPlayer.

Not more apps, but one step forward. :)

So, here are the stepps, I've made.

1.Download the latest Google Apps for Gingerbread.

http://goo.im/gapps/...0828-signed.zip

Unzip the apps. You need only the System-Folder. Put it on the SD card where you can access on Android (2nd Slot)

2. You need Root-Explorer installed or you must push the files with ADB. Here is only the way with Root-Explorer.

Go with Root-Explorer in the subfolders. Press Pandora-Button on keyboard to open menu. Now, you can multiselect files. Mark all files, press copy and paste it in the same named system folder on Android.

Do it for all subfolders.

3.After that. You where routed to the Android Login. This doesn't work, since it doesn't recognize your keyboard. Aboard.

4. Open Google Market and you can now login with your Google account. As I said, only a few apps are visible. I've erased the Market cache one or two times. After that, the market should update to new Play Market.

5. now, post your best build.prop to make all apps working !!!

@ Notaz

Is it possible, to download andinstall the missing apps through your install script ? So people can decide, if they want a clean or a Google Android installation ?

I'm not too familiar with Android but just curious, what build is this?

Would it make a difference if you built it from Cyanogen? Maybe they have put in some optimizations or something.

As always, Awesome work Notaz, copying the PND to my SD card now.

Edit: Oh never mind, saw the TI Rowboat project thing.

Back