Animal Crossing

Try this link for DS vs PSP battle:

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=17444

It seems Sony cannot afford to concentrate on PSP due to the preparation of its big brother PS3's debut, whereas Nintendo is pretty much going all in with DS. At least in Japan, the balance seemed to be broken and developers are releasing twice, if not more, more games for DS than for PSP at the moment. I guess, having worse graphics is to the advantage throughout the history of video gaming...

If it came out would you get it: (same price as a DS game:)

redhatds.png

codeninja posted on Dec 6 2005 at 07:12 AM said:
Angel posted on Dec 1 2005 at 07:02 AM said:
there's nothing wrong with the PSP, it just seems Sony isn't pushing it like Nintendo is pushing the DS. The PSP has all the makings of a great portable system, i don't know what the hell people are waiting for.

Because PSP eats battery for snack, many games run at lower speed and streaming data is no no for developers. PSP has a better graphics, but the difference is no where near as big as GB (green scale) and GG (color screen). And, guess who won the battle of GB vs GG. PS2 also destroyed both GC and XBox with suckiest graphics.

Angel posted on Dec 1 2005 at 07:02 AM said:
The way i figure it, the N64 didn't do as well as previous Nintendo systems, the Cube is ending up in 3rd place behind Sony and Microsoft.  I suspect the trend would continue with the Rev, so Nintendo needs portable gaming for its money supply.  They made an assload with the original gameboys and GBA, and now with the DS.  They've lost the home console, but will never lose the portable.

Lots of people point out Nintendo being 3rd, but fail to recognize that Nintendo is the only big three that's not bleed money. They never released system losing money and never had a quarter losing money. What good is being number one if their profit doesn't even match with their third competitor.

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11760&page=6

As you can see in the link above Sony's games division lost $54million in the quarter ending June 30th 05 whereas MS lost $178million in games division and Nintendo made $128million.

Yeah, in the quarter ending September 30th 05, Sony made profit of $73million, and MS lost $141million, and Nintendo made $199million.

Business is about making money, as you may know.

Ok, now go find the actual article and read where they lost the money in research and development of the PS3. Take out developement cost and i bet they didn't lose anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
aQwaBlaz3 posted on Dec 6 2005 at 02:43 PM said:
If it came out would you get it: (same price as a DS game:)

redhatds.png

No, because there's already a group of people working on Linux for the DS and theirs is free. Besides, with all the memory limitations of the DS, it's doubtful that it would even be much use. By the sounds of things, most of the DSLinux people are planning on using it for SSH and not much else when the free TCP/IP stack comes out.

The big problem for the PSP is that There really isn't any "I haven't seen this before ever" games.

PSPs good and all, but it's really just the ps2 portable. Which is nice but most people have a ps2 at home...

While the DS is crazy fun. It's crazy. fun. Completely original games. Bizzare concepts made good. And the constant stream of quality games have put so many of my friends in the poor house.

Phil posted on Dec 6 2005 at 04:33 PM said:
The big problem for the PSP is that There really isn't any "I haven't seen this before ever" games.

PSPs good and all, but it's really just the ps2 portable. Which is nice but most people have a ps2 at home...

While the DS is crazy fun. It's crazy. fun. Completely original games. Bizzare concepts made good. And the constant stream of quality games have put so many of my friends in the poor house.

Crazy like,
Feel the Magic: XY XX
Wario Ware: Touched
Meteos
;)

Edit: typo

Angel posted on Dec 6 2005 at 03:25 PM said:
Ok, now go find the actual article and read where they lost the money in research and development of the PS3. Take out developement cost and i bet they didn't lose anything.

R&D cost has been always part of the cost of running business, especially for video game hardware business. Do you think Nintendo is developing their machines out of valunteers with cardboard boxes from dumpsters? What you are saying is like GM lost money this year because they're developing next generation vehicles. Of course, they're spending money on R&D, this R&D cycle will never end unless they go out of the business.

Back