Annoying Joypad

Underline1

Still Fresh
It's weird, when I push the joypad left, it's tight. When I push it right, it's loose. Not only that, but down is tight and up is loose. It gets annoying navigating through menus, and especially scrolling through text.

It'd be nice if you posted which joystick you have, so we can all avoid that piece is crap ;)

I would imagine you are talking about your gp2x's joystick? There are plenty of tips on how to solve that specific problem. If you move your stick around in a circular motion for a while, it might fix things a bit.

Underline said:
It's weird, when I push the joypad left, it's tight. When I push it right, it's loose. Not only that, but down is tight and up is loose. It gets annoying navigating through menus, and especially scrolling through text.
Hey look, another thread where I bring up that the GP2X joystick is a cheap commercial job not intended for use in a game device, that WILL fail, sooner or later, because it is neither designed or rated for use past 100,000 presses (check the datasheet).

AND, no one believes me, been doing it for over a year now, closer to two, same stick, same problem (the MK2 is not a different stick, it is a different cap, and since it is rotated the problem may be less noticeable until it fails).

Unless of course you are playing a Dreamcast, then yes, it is a little loose one way, and tends to get get stuck the other way :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back