Using A Usb Joypad Through The Bob

Miknal

Just a quick question, when i'm using a usb joypad through the bob, it works on the gp2x menu, but not with any games, are they just not compatible, or am I missing something blindingly obvious, like something in the menu that needs to be turned on?

Miknal posted on Aug 18 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
Just a quick question, when i'm using a usb joypad through the bob, it works on the gp2x menu, but not with any games, are they just not compatible, or am I missing something blindingly obvious, like something in the menu that needs to be turned on?
A lot of emulators and games read the built in joystick hardware register directly. They will need fixing to allow using a USB stick.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
The joypad i'm using is fairly standard in layout (four buttons in a diagonal shape, shoulder pads, and a dpad) so fixing it shouldn't be an issue, I don't think. How do I do this?

I wonder if the hardware regs can be set to ouput mode. Then it might be possible to set them based on the USB device state. Or it might break:)

Mark

For example, puck2099 has made a version of beat2x with support for usb gamepads and dance mats, so you can play beat2x with a dance mat and see it on your TV.
You can grab it at www.gp32spain.com

K-teto posted on Aug 19 2006 at 02:22 AM said:
For example, puck2099 has made a version of beat2x with support for usb gamepads and dance mats, so you can play beat2x with a dance mat and see it on your TV.
You can grab it at www.gp32spain.com
It's already available in the archive. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh huh, I was hoping more fore a download or something to click on in the menu, I know nothing of coding o-O

Ahh well, any chance of someone making a joypad compatible megadrive/snes emulator in the future? I want four player mario kart again dammit :p

Back