Another Newb Question..

suprisingly it's actually very easy, select is used to switch between different button mappings, though as most games only REALLY need four buttons, it isn't that annoying.

[edit] If that made no sense, just d/l OpenSnes9x and try it yourself, if you don't have a gp32 yet :)blink:) use geepee32 to get the idea :)

nope, I think that by defult a,b, l and r on the gp32 = a, x, y and a shoulder button on the snes. But I can't be sure cos I haven't got my gp32 handy.

Though I do know you have four buttons at a time.

As for a compatibility list, there is one by rico, use the search (this is a regulars way of saying they can't be arsed :p)

Ramen Boy posted on May 9 2004 at 10:12 PM said:
so you have to keep switching for AB and XY?, what about fighting games like Street Fighter II? is there a list that shows all SNES games that work with the GP32?
I run SFII Turbo, right in the options in the game, you can map the buttons, i use Hard Punch and Hard kick as my A,B buttons on the GP32, and the L and R are my mediums, since all i use is hard attacks, very easy to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
very easy just use a+B then press selct to switch a+b to B+C
its fine unless your playing something like street fighter turbo but even then its not that bad\

EDIT Sorry didnt realise this had been discussed in an earlier post
and its X+Y not b+c sorry

a new version will be released soon though
so we'll just have to see what kind of new ideas he's come up for controls

The controls are fine, you only need to omit like 2 buttons. I use the following:
GP32 A --- SNES Y
GP32 B --- SNES B
GP32 L --- SNES X
GP32 R --- SMES A
GP32 Start --- SNES select
GP32 Select (switch to mode 2)

Mode 2:
GP32 L --- SNES L
GP32 R --- SNES R
GP32 Start --- Select

This control scheme has worked perfectly for every game I've tried.

Back