Another Review

gp32boy2

Still Fresh
Hi, I hope you were all pleased witht the GP32 review, www.zoneix.co.uk

What would you like to see next? Or if you want to write a review PM me, If there is anything else that you would like please feel free to ask.

Thankyou again!

Yeah, Thanks very much for all your help. If there is anything else that you would like to see please feel free to ask, If you would be interested aswell dont hesitate to ask. Thankyou again.

hmm, i wouldnt give the GP32 92 % no way..

All the official Games are quite frankly dire, the non-official ones are .well not even worth the D/l... only 'some' 8-bit emu's run near full speed (pc-egine/SMS/Nes), the 16-bit ones are way off.. and as an MP3/ movie player 100+ meg is hardly much to take it seriously in that area..

The GP32 is a very impressive little thing, but lacks any dedicated 3D (or 2D, come to think of it) hardware. And virtually no propper big-developer support Ashame really.

Just updated it, I am hoping to get a Gizmondo to review (GameTrac), I would like to do Something for Xbox, I think that would be good.

Edit: Links Updated
Spellling updated

I think you have a typing error in the movies section.

" Most bf the best stuff is out for free."

edit: and your links don't work

Hope that helps.

you should probably run the snes games on the new version of the snes emulator
i read you were using version .2
upgrade to v.3 its much better
and run at 166 because most gp32s can handle that speed
that will make the snes emulator seem better

you might want to talk about genesis emulation a little as it is one of the best emulators on gp32
it's incredible
full speed, savestates, and some games even have sound!

f2hunter posted on Sep 19 2004 at 06:08 PM said:
only 'some' 8-bit emu's run near full speed (pc-egine/SMS/Nes), the 16-bit ones are way off..

Er, which 8-bit emus DON'T run at full speed on the GP32?

And as for 16-bit? Genesis and Atari ST run at full speed, and SNES with no sound is full speed on most games with the latest emu.

In regards to cost/enjoyment ratio, the GP32 is probably the best gear I've bought in several years (next to my Dreamcast).

Last edited by a moderator:

And as for 16-bit? Genesis and Atari ST run at full speed, and SNES with no sound is full speed on most games with the latest emu.

A game running at Full speed to me, means, Running at the same rate "60fps" and actually 'ratio-/speed/fastness' of its origin console counterpart.

the fastest gens emu (gigadrive) connot match the original console speed when set to 60fps (which u cant seem to set yourself). hence its default is set to 25-30 fps to make up the actuall speed.. to me this is still too jerky and runs half as good as when actually playing on my Genesis at full speed AND 60fps.

and show me a snes emu that runs at full Speed. (speed and full 60fps) please? :rolleyes:

f2hunter posted on Sep 26 2004 at 01:43 AM said:

A game running at Full speed to me, means, Running at the same rate "60fps" and actually 'ratio-/speed/fastness' of its origin console counterpart.

the fastest gens emu (gigadrive) connot match the original console speed when set to 60fps (which u cant seem to set yourself). hence its default is set to 25-30 fps to make up the actuall speed.. to me this is still too jerky and runs half as good as when actually playing on my Genesis at full speed AND 60fps.

and show me a snes emu that runs at full Speed. (speed and full 60fps) please? :rolleyes:
The fastest (I almost wrote fatest...heh) genesis emu is fgen at the moment by the way.
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back