Any Battery Level Utilities Out There?

That timing thingy could be made to work. Someone just needs to make a special routine to be called every x ticks. It subtracts x ticks from a file on SMC. Since higher clock speeds do more ticks/second, it should work, right? There could even be a program that will measure how many ticks per pair of battries your GP32 does. The sub could be something like this:

Code:
void BattreyCheck(int TicksSinceLastCall, char CalledBefore) {
    switch(CalledBefore) {
        case 0: /* Program started */
            /* Open file & set TicksLeft (global var) to value */
            break;
        case 1: /* Called before */
            TicksLeft -= TicksSinceLastCall;
            break;
        case 2: /* Exiting (Have to use quit command), also this could be used instead of 1 (if user is too lazy to use quit command), but the program would be slow */
            TicksLeft -= TicksSinceLastCall;
            /* Save TicksLeft to file */
    }
    if(TicksLeft <= 200000) {
         /* Show warning message, and ask if wants to proceed. 200,000 ticks @ 66MhZ is 200 seconds */
    }
}

Only problem is I'm not sure if 133MhZ has exactly half the battrey life as 66MhZ. If it doesn't, then you could just measure "survival ticks" for every speed, add an arg to BattreyCheck for current clock speed, than have it mulitply TicksSinceLastCall by the amount it needs to change it to whatever speed (66MhZ * 1, 133MhZ might be * 1.5, etc.)

Another problem is that every program (including F/W) would have to have this code inside it, and some of the older program's programmers might not be around to do that :blink:

good, but i dont think its possible. I talked to the electronics teach and h said its possible to measure the battery output and the use a restrictor type device that will allow an LED to work at the voltage u want, if the voltage is too high it wont come on. The asy bit would be implementing this, the tricky bit is sorting out the theory

That duracell battery idea prob. wont work well coz its not very accurate and u would keep having to check the back and pushing a button. It would appear there is nothing but aire between the battery house and the base of the GP32, so if i could get the device to work it could be possible to house it in that relatively small space and the have a tiny light (not an LED, smaller!!) coming out of the bottom

Back