Any GP32 Owners from the US?

subrama6

Still Fresh
Thinking about getting one...

wondering where a good place to get it is since I live in the states, and what sort of customs fees I'll be paying if I get it from somewhere like play-asia or liksang...

upstategames.com in new york has them, but no FLUs, which I'd like. www.the-discount-shop.com has FLU's, but the site seems kind of shady. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

no experience with the discount shop... I got my FLU at play-asia,. It was defective, not to say if you get it there it will be defective. Just to say the customer service was very good. I got it replaced no problems. Along with it a got a card reader and a 128 smc for around $300 all together. I dident have to pay any customs or anything. :ph34r:

I've had great experience with GBA stuff from the UK-based store www.gbax.com. The owner is also the author of GP32 Doom, which shows he's interested.

My GP32 is coming from a private seller in the UK, but I would trust Craig from GBAX any time.

I got it from www.lik-sang.com and had it within 5 days of ordering it. Shipped from Hong Kong to Los Angeles. No problems.

I've ordered several things from lik-sang over the years and they have been nothing but reliable.

HZ :ph34r:

I'm not an american GP32 owner but I have heard bad things about upstategames.
Just get it from gbax. Craig ships internationally and I think he marks the package in a way that you don't have to pay import tax.

I ordered mine from Craig at GBAX.. and had some issues w/ the UPS Customs dept. Only held it up 1 day though, but I did have to pay them like 8 bucks or so. But other than that no problems.

I got mine from Liksang and after a week or two (I don't remember) the box arrived via regular mail....

I live in California and bought ny FLU from Play-Asia and didn't have to pay any custom fees. I recommend them.

where in California are you from? I'm staying in Fresno for the next few months until i return home to japan

I ordered mine from Play Asia. I paid a couple extra bucks for fast shipping, and it got here (NJ) in 3 days. I wasn't charged anything for customs.

I ordered mine from the-discount-shop.com and they weren't shayd to me at all. I email them about their stock, I got a response the next day. I then ordered it a few days later, used free shipping, took about a week to be delivered (5 business days you would basically say). I personally would recommend them.

Octavius posted on Aug 21 2003 said:
where in California are you from? I'm staying in Fresno for the next few months until i return home to japan
I live in a small town called Turlock, near Modesto.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered from Lik-Sang, no problems with shipping, customs, etc...

I live in NH, ordered it with Express shipping and had it 3 days later.

I've ordered from Lik-Sang numerous times in the past and have always been happy with their service.

John

Thanks for everybody's response. I went ahead and ordered an FLU from Lik-Sang. I was honestly leaning towards GBAX, but my credit card situation is kind of limited, and I wanted to be able to pay via PayPal. Thanks again for your suggestions, everybody

Heywell uou probably could have got a better deal at the discount shop. I really did some research after oredering mine. And i found that at lik sang or any of the other stores, i would pay a few dollars more with shipping and other costs then i did for my GP at the discount shop and it comes witha 128 smc! People say they are shady becaue the website looks kinda amateur, but look at buyrigh.com! There website is awsome but they basically steal money from there customers! I actually screwed up my order at the discount shop and they fixed it in like an hour! It actually operated just buy two people so they can adress your problems or questions personally and they have great reviews from customerss!

Azure posted on Aug 21 2003 said:
Octavius posted on Aug 21 2003 said:
I live in a small town called Turlock, near Modesto.
ahh.. Turlock. Yeah, I know where that is. Few hours from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back