Any List Of Arm Packages Currently Available ?

izzie

Still Fresh
I read that the pandora will be able to make use of debian arm packages, and tried to find a list of those packages to get an idea of what linux software will be most probably available right away for the pandora and what has little to no chance of running.

so far I failed to find a list, all I could find was debian packages search engine, any idea if such a list exists and if so, where to find it ?

izzie said:
I read that the pandora will be able to make use of debian arm packages, and tried to find a list of those packages to get an idea of what linux software will be most probably available right away for the pandora and what has little to no chance of running.

so far I failed to find a list, all I could find was debian packages search engine, any idea if such a list exists and if so, where to find it ?

Find the package you are looking for and check what architectures are available under the individual download. For example: Lenny->Editors->AbiWord and you see that there is an arm(and armel) .deb.

If anyone knows of a better way to search please share. And can someone confirm if the Pandora will use Debian or use Debian packages?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr said:
:huh: The link you give points to a page with "View package lists" is big letters on it.
which leads to lists of packages available by debian distribution, not by architecture.

wine is featured on these 3 lists but is not available for ARM which you only discover after clicking on the package name.

what I'm looking for is a readily avaialble list of debian packages for ARM architecture.

Laurent said:
Well it's sad but some people need explicit stuff and can't search by themselves.
/flameback on
sadly enough other people don't actually read and understand the question and neither do they check that the answer they provide is actually relevant to the question. seems they prefer assuming the other is the stupid one.
/flameback off

izzie said:
Laurent said:
Well it's sad but some people need explicit stuff and can't search by themselves.
/flameback on
sadly enough other people don't actually read and understand the question and neither do they check that the answer they provide is actually relevant to the question. seems they prefer assuming the other is the stupid one.
/flameback off

Indeed :) Sorry about that.

Anyway Debian itself has a very limited support for ARM hardware, see here: http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/

The Mojo link I provided above looks much more promising.

Laurent said:
Indeed :) Sorry about that.

The Mojo link I provided above looks much more promising.
no worries about that, no hard feelings here. :p

the mojo link seems indeed promising but still young and a work in progress.

Parkydr, you nailed it. thanks. that's what I was looking for.
for some reason, I limited my searches to the web, didn't come to my mind that such a list had to be available from a debian ARM mirror

Back