Any News On The 200 Craig Said Would Ship This Week

DMC

Still Fresh
As the title says

Craig tweeted 200 shipping next week on August 13.

Just wondering if that happened and if it didn't what happened?

Thanks!

The usual thing, I expect - this or that didn't get there, they're still waiting for something, just got to wait for this other thing and then production will go really, really fast, all finished by october, just you wait.

D.

craigix said:
We're building them, that's what's been happening.

You're building my Pandora? *SQUEEEEEEE* etc. Really? You're really building them? For real this time? :)

All joking aside, does this mean that you'll be shipping the second batch next week? Or is construction going slower now?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
craigix said:
We're building them, that's what's been happening.

You're building my Pandora? *SQUEEEEEEE* etc. Really? You're really building them? For real this time? :)

All joking aside, does this mean that you'll be shipping the second batch next week? Or is construction going slower now?

D.

It's not going slower, it's just a pain to drive down a box of units every day to post, it's easier to do them in bigger batches, say, twice a week.

Also we're told to expect 500(!) boards in the next batch, so, wow, that will be a lot of work. Not sure we can manage 500 in a week but we shall see.

craigix said:
It's not going slower, it's just a pain to drive down a box of units every day to post, it's easier to do them in bigger batches, say, twice a week.

Also we're told to expect 500(!) boards in the next batch, so, wow, that will be a lot of work. Not sure we can manage 500 in a week but we shall see.

That's smashing news. Can these new nubs be produced quite quickly then?

Dead1nside said:
craigix said:

That's smashing news. Can these new nubs be produced quite quickly then?
Is this question based on the knowledge that the nub producer has found what went wrong?

kuru said:
Is this question based on the knowledge that the nub producer has found what went wrong?
Craig said they've increased (or is that decreased?) the tolerance in their tests, so they're probably junking more at the factory and passing along consistently better ones. They may not have been looking for a problem, just a solution; if extra testing is the solution and they don't care about why they need to do the extra testing, that's good enough for me.

Yeah, as long as filthy, rotten dead nubs don't touch our virgin pandora boards I'm fine an can remain sane.

Was that conso's comment or did I go through too much of Lovecraft's lately?

I'm pretty sure that ED mentioned that they were stress-testing them very ferociously now. :)

EDIT: Bah, ninja'd. That was meant to add to Stan's point. :p

A whopping 500 boards? Wow, that's splendid. Looks like you're gonna have a busy week Craig :D

Good news, we need more of that.

It may sound silly, but a quick twit or post each day just giving a one line status update would stop all of these threads from starting, even if the report was 'nothing today' atleast we knew.

I'd glad some are being built and hopefully the production remains consistent.

That's great news Craig. I really do hope board production can catch up, so more Panoras can begin to ship in bigger and better numbers. Everyone who preordered almost 2 years ago deserve to have their machines ASAP!

I also hope that batch 2 starts when expected, so that supply can meet demand at some point in this year. This could really be a big Christmas item if the buzz and opinions stay positive. It really is such a wonderful device. Please, keep chugging along! :lol:

Chris

craigix said:
Do the boards of this batch already have the new nubs or still the old (but tested) ones? Or is it mixed in this batch?

DynaMight said:
It may sound silly, but a quick twit or post each day just giving a one line status update would stop all of these threads from starting, even if the report was 'nothing today' atleast we knew.
We had this discussion once before. Long story short, it would be days and days of "nothing new to report" with the occasional "something new to report", and jam and jelly are not the same thing.

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Do the boards of this batch already have the new nubs or still the old (but tested) ones? Or is it mixed in this batch?

I don't think they will have new ones on there, as the test samples for the new ones will be finished this week and need to be tested and produced after that.
Production surely won't happen in one day...

So these will have tested ones, that's my guess :)

Last edited:
Back