Any Way To Output My Wiz To My Tv Set?

Short answer: yes, look in the archives for a DIY cable schematic and some code...

Mind you there is no official support for it nor does it work for everything...

GAMESHARQ said:
Where is the archive?

I like this question. It tells us not everyone knows about the archive. So maybe we should do something about informing people better. Does anyone have any ideas how we can improve this?

/Uni

Last edited by a moderator:
u9i said:
I like this question. It tells us not everyone knows about the archive. So maybe we should do something about informing people better. Does anyone have any ideas how we can improve this?
/Uni

Perhaps someone can do a short commercial about it and upload it to Youtube to have it on the main page of this site?

There is now a better solution for TV-Out on the Wiz. This program was recently added to FunGP. I have tested it with my GP2X official TV-out cable and it works perfectly! There is some frame loss I noticed when running some emulators though. I haven't tried overclocking the program, but it's really easy to use and set up if you have an official GP2X tv-out cable. So far I tested it with Temper, SCUMMVM, MAME, GnGeo, PicoDrive, and FBA2X. All work fine. Just figured I'd let people know since I don't believe this program has been talked about.

So a normal GP2X TV-Out cable will work? But didn't they change the pins on the cable? (that was never actually produced)

Reo said:
So a normal GP2X TV-Out cable will work? But didn't they change the pins on the cable? (that was never actually produced)
Well comparing the GP2X official cable pin out, it is different than the pins on the official Wiz charger. I don't know if that's because different pins are for different things. I don't have an official Caanoo or Wiz tv-out cable to compare to. I just saw the Wiz tv-out program on the FunGP site and said "what the hell i'll just try it." It worked! Not everything works though and some programs need to have the tearing fix turned off in order to work. There is some frame loss from what I saw, but actually underclocking the tv-out program seemed to make it better. I take back what I said about FBA wiz working. It works at the menu screen, but the games go to a black screen. For GNGeo you need to go into the config file and make sure tv-out is set to "1" to turn it on. Also have the tearing fix in the rage2x menu to off. Picodrive 1.80 has control issues in the menu, but the games controls are fine when you are playing. If you already have a gp2x tv-out just try it. It works for me.

geise69 said:
Reo said:
Well comparing the GP2X official cable pin out, it is different than the pins on the official Wiz charger. I don't know if that's because different pins are for different things. I don't have an official Caanoo or Wiz tv-out cable to compare to. I just saw the Wiz tv-out program on the FunGP site and said "what the hell i'll just try it." It worked! Not everything works though and some programs need to have the tearing fix turned off in order to work. There is some frame loss from what I saw, but actually underclocking the tv-out program seemed to make it better. I take back what I said about FBA wiz working. It works at the menu screen, but the games go to a black screen. For GNGeo you need to go into the config file and make sure tv-out is set to "1" to turn it on. Also have the tearing fix in the rage2x menu to off. Picodrive 1.80 has control issues in the menu, but the games controls are fine when you are playing. If you already have a gp2x tv-out just try it. It works for me.
I don't, so I suppose I'd have to make one. Thanks for going more in-depth though.

The tv-out cable for the caanoo should work fine. You can buy it at play-asia.com here Also, Dingo Digital USA also sells them. I have never ordered from there but I have ordered from play-asia before. There's probably still some gp2x tv-out cables floating around on ebay.

Back